importing an image as a layer

Description of your first forum.
voneyezine
Re: importing an image as a layer

Post by voneyezine » Fri Jun 21, 2019 4:56 am

if you have multiple paintstorm files or psd files open within the ui panel , I dont know why you cant just move a set layers or even a folder of layers freely between documents, instead of this copy paste business. the program has the place image command under file drop menu, but its only one layer or moves the image as one layer, though many layers exist. hopefully this fuction could be made available?
Florian G.

Post by Florian G. » Sat Jun 22, 2019 2:01 am

voneyezine wrote:if you have multiple paintstorm files or psd files open within the ui panel , I dont know why you cant just move a set layers or even a folder of layers freely between documents, instead of this copy paste business. the program has the place image command under file drop menu, but its only one layer or moves the image as one layer, though many layers exist. hopefully this fuction could be made available?
1) Select every layer or folder that you want to copy to another document.
2) Activate the "Move tool".
3) Click and hold anywhere INSIDE the canvas.
4) Now drag the mouse to the tab of the document you want to paste the layer(s) or folder(s).
5) When you hover over that tab, wait till the document switches.
6) After that, while still holding the mouse button pressed, drag the mouse over the canvas and release the mouse button.
7) Everything should be perfectly copied now.
josiekohloff

Post by josiekohloff » Fri Jun 28, 2019 4:50 pm

That is a very smart question.
I have simply bought the Ipad version.
Have tried to "open" a picture from the camera roll and it simply will be opened as a background. (so I think) and it's a drolling issue.let´s see...I love doing sq. creative works, therefore, I'll set the scale to those proportions Imagine I need to open a picture of Fashion Trends 2019 that's not sq...well I did it so what happened is that the previous sttled canvas size has modified and is currently rectangular too. And what's a lot of...all the previous settings, the sq. canvas and even the applied gradient angular distance fully been gone and it's operating currently as a brand new complete file.
smile4yourself

Post by smile4yourself » Thu Jul 04, 2019 12:20 am

if you are still having problems with loading images into pss on the ipad, consider joining the facebook group for learning how to use it.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/162801737580057/

Folks there will help you, as it is easier to post images and videos there.
voneyezine

Post by voneyezine » Mon Jul 08, 2019 3:41 am

Florian G. wrote:
voneyezine wrote:if you have multiple paintstorm files or psd files open within the ui panel , I dont know why you cant just move a set layers or even a folder of layers freely between documents, instead of this copy paste business. the program has the place image command under file drop menu, but its only one layer or moves the image as one layer, though many layers exist. hopefully this fuction could be made available?
1) Select every layer or folder that you want to copy to another document.
2) Activate the "Move tool".
3) Click and hold anywhere INSIDE the canvas.
4) Now drag the mouse to the tab of the document you want to paste the layer(s) or folder(s).
5) When you hover over that tab, wait till the document switches.
6) After that, while still holding the mouse button pressed, drag the mouse over the canvas and release the mouse button.
7) Everything should be perfectly copied now.
dude thanks.. this i will try,,its actually difficut 2 determine if a layer or muktiple layers is selected in paintstorm becuase a blue recticle surrounds it for a second but dissapears, even in normal action in a document it tedious just 2 get a set in a folder , or even trying 2 merge layers is a pain. but yeah thanks , ididnt even think it was possible