importing an image as a layer

Description of your first forum.
girlvsworld
importing an image as a layer

Post by girlvsworld » Sat Jan 30, 2016 9:02 pm

Hello, just purchased the iPad version this morning and was wondering if there was a way to import an image as a layer, specifically a scanned sketch or a texture.

Thanks
support
Site Admin

Re: importing an image as a layer

Post by support » Sat Feb 06, 2016 9:58 am

You can open several images as documents and move it from one document to another - just select required area (or whole image) copy it and paste to another document - this action create a new layer for pasted image.
rosa cobos

Post by rosa cobos » Thu Mar 31, 2016 9:56 am

That is a really good question.
I have just bought the Ipad version.
Have tried to "open" an image from the camera roll and it just can be opened as as a background. (so I think) and it is a drolling thing.let´s see...I love doing square artistic works so I will set the size to those proportionsl Imagine I want to open an image that is not square..well I dii it and then what happened is that the previous sttled canvas size has changed and is now rectangular too. And what is more...all the previous settings, the square canvas, and even the applied gradient ha absolutely been gone and it is working now as a new complete file.

I have seen to import images in a computer version and it is ok. I understand. But how can I do it in the ipad without having all these isses going along?
Forgive my ignorance....and thank you so.
Rosa
support
Site Admin

Post by support » Thu Mar 31, 2016 10:38 am

Every opened image is the separate document.
Create your square template document, open image, select all and copy it, return to your square document and paste image, drag it to required place.
rosa cobos

Post by rosa cobos » Thu Mar 31, 2016 10:32 pm

Thank. you so. Still....some questions.
Should I create a new canvas, square..then, open the image I wish to use that will be on another layer. Then after should I copy it and the paste it into the first square one?.....I have some doubts with all this.
thanks a lot and sorry
Rosq
support
Site Admin

Post by support » Fri Apr 01, 2016 9:40 am

Paintstorm creates new layer for every PASTE action.
Dg-art

Post by Dg-art » Sat Apr 22, 2017 10:13 am

Easier said than done i have up till now trying to figure this out for about 40 minutes now using the app on my ipad pro.. Can you please send image description this is driving me crazy..

Its probably easier that is seems but for me right now i cant make it work.

Regards *Daniel
Dmitriy Bedrik

Post by Dmitriy Bedrik » Sun May 19, 2019 7:04 am

Two years later, the question is still relevant. If in all other drawing programs known to me, it is not a problem to copy or move a layer between documents, then this program is problematic.
support
Site Admin

Post by support » Fri May 24, 2019 12:31 pm

Dmitriy Bedrik wrote:Two years later, the question is still relevant. If in all other drawing programs known to me, it is not a problem to copy or move a layer between documents, then this program is problematic.
Already available,
1)select all required layers and folders in the layers panel
2)Start to move it by "Move tool" (on canvas)
3)Move it(drag) to the target document title and wait until it will open
4)Choose a new position on the target documents canvas and release pen (mouse button for PC Windows)
smile4yourself

Post by smile4yourself » Fri Jun 21, 2019 1:05 am

Isn't the easy way just to use the "place image' menu, and the image you select will be placed in a new layer. size it the way you want thereafter.

this will avoid the memory issues of opening many documents at the same time on the ipad.

imho