Can I work with the standard Manga Studio format (.lip) in Paintstorm Studio?

Description of your first forum.
colorwave
Can I work with the standard Manga Studio format (.lip) in Paintstorm Studio?

Post by colorwave » Sun Apr 03, 2016 1:58 am

I want to use Manga Studio for some tasks and Paintstorm Studio for other tasks. I need to create the panels in Manga Studio, then transfer the file to Paintstorm Studio to work on it, and transfer it back to Manga Studio to add the speech balloons and text. Is this currently possible in Paintstorm Studio? Does the program accept .lip files?
support
Site Admin

Re: Can I work with the standard Manga Studio format (.lip) in Paintstorm Studio?

Post by support » Sun Apr 03, 2016 9:04 am

No, this format is close for developers. Paintstorm supports only PSD.
colorwave

Re: Can I work with the standard Manga Studio format (.lip) in Paintstorm Studio?

Post by colorwave » Wed Apr 06, 2016 7:58 am

support wrote:No, this format is close for developers. Paintstorm supports only PSD.
Thank you for letting me know. I’m not very familiar with the qualities of each format. What I’m concerned about is whether or not the document will maintain certain functionalities after being imported as a PSD and if everything will be done nondestructively. I need for the panels to maintain the masking quality so that I don’t draw outside of the panel and end up having to clean it up later. I also want to make sure that the text wont be rasterized after being imported. I typically add the text at the very end but it’s possible I might go back and forth between programs to edit the work, and I need to know if this will be destructive. The reason I even mention this is because I have had the experience where my text got rasterized when I was using both Photoshop and Illustrator for the same project. I wonder if this would happen when using Manga Studio and Paintstorm Studio.
support
Site Admin

Post by support » Sat Apr 09, 2016 9:44 am

Paintstorm still don't have text tools and rasterize imported text layers.