A painting in course disappeared

Description of your first forum.
rosa cobos
A painting in course disappeared

Post by rosa cobos » Tue Apr 12, 2016 3:25 pm

Hello friends,
I must say that I feel puzzled and angry.
Reason. I have been working for a whole week on a painting. A square file with a name in which I have done many many savings.(the format file is important in this problem) Then..I have opened it today and to my surprise (initially..turned afterwords in angryness and estupor) the file just pooped out on my ipad screen but it was a white all blank rectangular file. And I have not found what the hell of a problem it is or was or what. Exitd several times from the app. I have even put the ipad off to see if it was some problme of the device...no use.

Can anyone of you or the stuff tell me what this terrible problem is about. Just for caution I have not deleted the named file hiping that the app may return to "its senses". I want to know wether someone has had some sort of the trouble. And it it had reversible effects. I am a bit desolated, anyway.

Thanks a lot for your advice and help.
Greetings from Bilbao, Spain.
support
Site Admin

Re: A painting in course disappeared

Post by support » Wed Apr 13, 2016 9:42 am

Did you save it to itunes folder or iCLoud? Did you try to open it at your PC?
Same issue was reported only once, and It revealed that user close paintstorm with 2 documents - untitled empty and working file, and he has save empty document to the name of working file.
rosa cobos

Post by rosa cobos » Wed Apr 13, 2016 3:58 pm

Thanks a lot.
I saved it into itunes folder. (So I beleive..yousee one canoot assure this at 100%. ) I do not use PC. And the problem has been in my Ipad pro. ASo it is clear I did not open it in PC, but in my IPad. On the other hand it seems quitte strange to "save" any empty document Why should I do this for? Another case would be to save the working file into an empty one..but whoy should any emtoy file be there? Well...the thing is. Can I do something to the respect?. If not...just tell me and I will start it all over again. I am going to look into I cloud nevertheless. just to see if that would be a possible reason. And in case it is there I will repport it to you again.
Thank you so much.
Rosa

PD
I have viewed my Dropbox and nothing has been sent there. Still...I cannot know what have I done. And that is making me feel that I will have to pay more attention in the future. I have stated the works being automatically saved each 10 minutes. Nevertheless I do my own savings once in a while. Mainly because the app has many crushes down in a working course and I want to be sure that nothings will be lost. When you push the button of "save", in some cases there appears a dialog panel where you can save it where you work has been sent. But in other times this panel does not appear, so I presume that the savings has been done by default in its right place. I thank you for your attention and help.
Treeguy

Post by Treeguy » Fri Jan 10, 2020 11:52 pm

Hello dear Paintstormteam,
I have run into the same Problem but on PC. (Windows 8.1/Newest version of paintsorm) My painting (started after the release of the last patch) was regularly saved and i didnt have any other files opend at the time. I closed and after i tried to open up my file(wich still existed in my folder) i just had a blank canvas with even a different size. It allready happened to me once in the past but i thought it was my mistake and i didnt pay attantion or smt. like that. But this time im sure that it is some kind of bug that corrupts the data. Its is absolutaly essential that you address this problem. If it is a bug hotfix it as soon as possible. Paintstorm is a wonderful userfriendly art software, BUT i dont want to fear that my files are gone every time i open them.
Greetings Treeguy