Continuing support?

Description of your first forum.
EruwaedhielElleth
Continuing support?

Post by EruwaedhielElleth » Wed Jul 27, 2016 10:28 am

Hi, I bought this program about a month ago, and I absolutely LOVE it. But, (And please forgive me, I have anxiety so I get paranoid about these kinds of things) I have noticed that the support team seems very small,(and not very active?) and the program doesn't have a permanent serial key or anything like that, and it worries me a lot. I really hope it only continues to grow and gain support, but the apparently small team and user base makes me concerned about longevity. I don't want to get really attached to a program I might not be able to use in 5 years if the team or company disappears and I have to switch computers or something like that. I get familiar with one program and use for a LONG time, so I'm very interested in permanency. I've avoided software that doesn't come on a physical cd for years because of that, or used only open source that needs no further support and I can count on so long as I have the install file safely backed up. I've only recently starting buying downloadable software at all for those reasons.

If the verification is purely internet activated, what will happen if the support team dissolves, disappears or loses interest,v as can happen with very small companies? Is there a plan in place so those who've paid can continue to use the version of Paintstorm they've paid for if they need to switch machines and support is no longer available? (Like Adobe, who've issued a serial number or no activation needed version of software to their customers for their very old software so it can be used even after they shut down the servers for it)

I know this is realistically a concern that is probably FAR in the future, and may never happen at all. But it worries me now, so I thought I'd ask. It wouldn't worry me so much, but I've fallen in love with your program and want to be sure I'll be able to use it for a long time to come, and I don't think there's anything else out there quite compare with it if I ever had to find a replacement. It's wonderful! it's very early to think about probably, but will you have an exit plan if/when the time comes, or will customers just be left on their own?
support
Site Admin

Re: Continuing support?

Post by support » Sat Aug 27, 2016 10:00 am

Yes, we are the small team of developers at the moment, but we are "not dead" and continue update Paintstorm! We just have some delays at the summer.
What about licenses: you can transfer your PC license from one PC to another manually, read details at www.paintstormstudio.com/registerfaq.html
iPad version is connected to appstore license system.

If you have hot questions - ask it via e-mail info@paintstormstudio.com
Aurora_Jolteon

Post by Aurora_Jolteon » Fri Sep 02, 2016 3:42 am

I recently purchased this software for 2 pc's, and I'd like to know how can I send the second license (let alone find it) to my friend as a gift? :)
support wrote:Yes, we are the small team of developers at the moment, but we are "not dead" and continue update Paintstorm! We just have some delays at the summer.
What about licenses: you can transfer your PC license from one PC to another manually, read details at http://www.paintstormstudio.com/registerfaq.html
iPad version is connected to appstore license system.

If you have hot questions - ask it via e-mail info@paintstormstudio.com
support
Site Admin

Post by support » Tue Sep 20, 2016 9:46 am

Send this message as email to info@paintstormstudio.com from your (license owner) adress