Sharper Pens/Brushes (Help me)

Description of your first forum.
Luemine
Sharper Pens/Brushes (Help me)

Post by Luemine » Sun Nov 27, 2016 11:45 pm

First, I should start by saying I absolutely love this program thus far. I have a few issues with it (Mainly I'm just not used to it) but one big thing is how blurry the pens tend to be.

Let me show you what I mean: (I used about the same size for each of the canvases and same size for the pens)
I usually use SAI and lines tend to look like this:
Screenshot_37.png
Screenshot_37.png (12.2KiB)Viewed 4093 times
And then we have the pen in Painstorm:
Screenshot_38.png
Screenshot_38.png (30.61KiB)Viewed 4093 times
I've tried to get it sharper by playing with settings and whatnot but I am unable to create a sharper line . . If it's possible to get a sharper pen like I have in SAI then I'd truly appreciate someone telling me how
support
Site Admin

Re: Sharper Pens/Brushes (Help me)

Post by support » Sun Dec 04, 2016 4:16 pm

Your screenshots looks like zoom more than 100%, and you just need to setup "Menu-File-Options-Pixelate on zoom" parameter
Anyway to get more edge sharpens - you should change graph of round form - click at the circle of brush form in the brush controls panel and change graph.
Attachments
brush round form.jpg
brush round form.jpg (101.47KiB)Viewed 4091 times
Luemine

Post by Luemine » Mon Dec 05, 2016 4:56 pm

support wrote:Your screenshots looks like zoom more than 100%, and you just need to setup "Menu-File-Options-Pixelate on zoom" parameter
Anyway to get more edge sharpens - you should change graph of round form - click at the circle of brush form in the brush controls panel and change graph.
Thank you so much !! I noticed after I posted tht the blur only occurred after I zoomed in a bunch
mozart

Post by mozart » Mon May 13, 2019 12:02 pm

These sharper brush are very much useful for painting electrical objects and removing rust from surfaces with lots of minutiae and roughness.
You can use watercolor brush with acrylics paints.