How to change Minimum Size

Description of your first forum.
Nea
How to change Minimum Size

Post by Nea » Sun Mar 05, 2017 8:13 pm

The option for Squeeze X and Y is not available for all brushes, AKA Minimum Size. Does this mean not all brushes have the same level of modifications?

I can get squeezing with dual brush for drawblend using it with a regular brush. However the brush is tiny compared to the brush's cursor size. I.E. I have brush size at 1550, and I still paint as if I had it at 10. I change global pen pressure but it's not helping with this. Any Ideas?
support
Site Admin

Re: How to change Minimum Size

Post by support » Thu Mar 09, 2017 2:31 pm

I do not really understand... can you attach some example screenshots?
Long_haired_artist

Re: How to change Minimum Size

Post by Long_haired_artist » Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:59 am

Squeeze for x or y is available to brushes with custom forms, but this is a function that adjusts the proportion of height versus width... not exactly minimum size. Modifications on squeeze result in even smaller sizes, compounding the stated problem that a brush set to 1550 still appears like a 10.
To cap a minumum from being excessively small, simply adjust the left side of the “Size” slider in Brush Options/General. Both the left and right of this slider can be adjusted. The left is your minimum. (My suggestion is to add numeric visual to the minimums)

Adjusting the slope of the graph curve can help, but depending on your tool, you may rather have the minimum clipped.