Ipad Pro - Saving Layers

Description of your first forum.
cloud-yo
Ipad Pro - Saving Layers

Post by cloud-yo » Fri May 12, 2017 2:36 am

Hi, I saved my first document today and when I reopened it all the layers were merged into one :S Is there a way to save a document maintaining all layers intact? also I tried using "save as" but I was never able to give my file a name...is there a way to do this?
Thank you!
I love this app :D
support
Site Admin

Re: Ipad Pro - Saving Layers

Post by support » Fri May 12, 2017 10:27 am

Use PSD, and save to itunes or icloud
Attachments
ipad save.jpg
ipad save.jpg (308.38KiB)Viewed 8138 times
cloud-yo

Post by cloud-yo » Fri May 12, 2017 1:07 pm

Thanks! :)

Im sorry to have wasted your time. I searched the forums before posting this question but I evidently used the wrong keywords. I found a similar thread last night but since this post had not been approved I was unable to reply to it and say I found the answer.
However, I saved fills to "itunes" where exactly do they go, and can I navigate to them through my ipad? (this is my first ios product so Im kind of new at this)
support
Site Admin

Post by support » Sat May 13, 2017 10:08 am

you can find files at paintstorm apps folder in itunes
Attachments
ipaddownload.jpg
ipaddownload.jpg (94.48KiB)Viewed 8124 times
cloud-yo

Post by cloud-yo » Sun May 14, 2017 1:19 pm

I cant seem to find them at all because the iPad does not seem to have an actual iTunes app. I looked in the App Store but apparently this is by design. Any ideas? Thank you! :)
support
Site Admin

Post by support » Wed May 17, 2017 9:46 am

update iTunes, enter to AppStore with your login name... This answer for google...
https://apple.stackexchange.com/questio ... -on-itunes
cloud-yo

Post by cloud-yo » Thu May 18, 2017 1:39 am

Unfortunately Ipad Pro does not Use Itunes at all. It has Itunes Store and an App called "Music" which does not navigate through your file folders like Itunes does. so There is no actual way to look at local content outside of PSS.
I guess thats just an issue with IOs though.
I just wanted to let you know.
Thanks again
JakeTse

Post by JakeTse » Tue May 15, 2018 3:48 am

So I think this is not happening only to iPad Pro but also other iPad models that do not use iTunes? Is there a detour or it has to go without solution?
Leinlaa

Post by Leinlaa » Fri Sep 28, 2018 3:15 pm

Has anyone found a solution to this for those of us who only have access to the iTunes Store? I need my work to keep the layers so I can use some of them for future reference. Otherwise I may need to use a different program :cry: It doesn’t really seem to access it at all from the cloud or from my tablet. I have an iPad Air 2 and I don’t have access to iTunes. Just the iTunes Store app.
smile4yourself

Post by smile4yourself » Mon Nov 19, 2018 12:34 am

If the issue is sving your artwork created on the ipad in order to move it to the AMC or PC version of Paintstorm, you would need to connect your ipad via a cable to the computer, and open itunes there. Access the data on your ipad, and copy what you need.

Donald