Pressure Sensitivity with Budget Drawing Displays (Parblo Coast, Artisul, XP-PEN/Ugee and HUION)

Description of your first forum.
sonicbomb77
Pressure Sensitivity with Budget Drawing Displays (Parblo Coast, Artisul, XP-PEN/Ugee and HUION)

Post by sonicbomb77 » Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:20 pm

Hello,

I'm shopping around for my first drawing-display - but I'm trying to do it on a budget so I'm looking at a lot of non-Wacom brands. I've used drawing-tablets for a while now and know that both driver and software support can be pretty hit-or-miss, especially with these less common manufacturers.

I'm aware of the difference in hardware on these display-tablets and not looking so much for a comparison of color or contrast or ghosting between them. I'm mostly interested in knowing if pressure-sensitivity works in Paintstorm Studio with each of these particular tablet drivers.

I'd like to know if any of you have experience with any of these brands and how well they work with Paintstorm Studio

Parblo
Artisul
XP-Pen/Ugee
HUION

I did use the search bar before writing up this post, of course

Couldn't find any posts confirming pressure sensitivity worked with either Parblo or Artisul - although they are at the top of my list and I would really appreciate if anyone has experience with either of them.

XP-Pen is rebranded Ugee hardware, I believe - and according to some threads here, it has partial pressure-sensitivity in Paintstorm? Can anyone confirm if they use either XP-Pen or Ugee hardware?

And lastly, it sounds like Huion probably works. I know from other software experience that Huion is generally likely to be supported - however it is at the bottom of my list :/ (I'm hoping to get more info on the previous brands before settling with HUION)

----
I've got open-ears to other brands of similarly priced drawing-displays, however of the ones I have seen these 4 or 5 seem to be the most bang-for-your buck and also most current.
support
Site Admin

Re: Pressure Sensitivity with Budget Drawing Displays (Parblo Coast, Artisul, XP-PEN/Ugee and HUION)

Post by support » Sun Nov 19, 2017 1:56 pm

Yes, never heard about Parblo and Artisul before. Maybe the best way to find some forum or facebook page of it's hardware and ask to test Paintstorm trial with this devices. For example https://www.facebook.com/ParbloMonitor/
rafatparvez

Re: Pressure Sensitivity with Budget Drawing Displays (Parblo Coast, Artisul, XP-PEN/Ugee and HUION)

Post by rafatparvez » Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:50 pm

Hi,
I used Huion graphic tablet 1060pro+ as well as pentablet monitor GT-190
it works fine with pss
you can check out art generated by using Huion tablet
http://www.paintstormstudio.com/forum/v ... f=7&t=4148
Rafat Parvez
Ken

Post by Ken » Sun Feb 04, 2018 6:22 am

I am using a Huion 1060 Pro+. It is a big one. I did have to buy another pen for it because the old one would not hold a charge anymore. That has nothing to do with Paintstorm though. The pressure sensitivity even works.
Fury

Post by Fury » Sat Mar 24, 2018 10:27 pm

Hi, I realize I am performing a bit of thread necromancy here, but I did want to provide that I am using a Huion Kamvas GT156HD v2 with Paintstorm. I have had absolutely no issues with the pressure sensitivity at all. Of course, you do have to keep in mind that you are not going to have the tilt or rotate functions with the pen, but all in all the Huion works just fine. Given that nearly all of the chinese developers use similar tech, I'm willing to bet that they all work about the same.

My experience with the Huion so far has been really positive, though I have been a bit nervous about the pens slowly refusing to hold charge. That said, the stylus with the GT156 feels way better to me than the wacom pen I have on my Intuos (and they send you two pens).