How can I add an image to reference window

Description of your first forum.
MNKYshield
How can I add an image to reference window

Post by MNKYshield » Sun Dec 10, 2017 1:18 am

Basically yeah how do I use the reference window?

Thanks
Long_haired_artist

Re: How can I add an image to reference window

Post by Long_haired_artist » Mon Dec 11, 2017 2:56 am

On ipad, first Open the desired reference as you would any other image to paint on. Then, from your working canvas, the desired reference will appear in the Reference panel drop down list.
To change reference image size, make active the reference file, and go to File/ImageResize. Saving not necessary. Go back to working canvas and reselect the reference. It will be 100% whatever you resized the reference.
Note that you can “check” one of your working layers for reference, and bind a hot key to show or hide it. The checked reference layer can also be the active layer for wand and paint bucket, turned on from the tool options bar.
macmonkey

Post by macmonkey » Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:54 am

I just wanted to add that you don’t need to change the size of the original image to change it’s size in the reference panel. You can select the magnifying glass tool from the tool bar to zoom in and out of the image in the reference window. I 0nly figured this out recently it’s super handy :)
Long_haired_artist wrote:On ipad, first Open the desired reference as you would any other image to paint on. Then, from your working canvas, the desired reference will appear in the Reference panel drop down list.
To change reference image size, make active the reference file, and go to File/ImageResize. Saving not necessary. Go back to working canvas and reselect the reference. It will be 100% whatever you resized the reference.
Note that you can “check” one of your working layers for reference, and bind a hot key to show or hide it. The checked reference layer can also be the active layer for wand and paint bucket, turned on from the tool options bar.
MNKYshield

Post by MNKYshield » Sun Jan 07, 2018 4:20 am

Yes this works quite well, thanks guys :)