Further explanation of new stabilizer features?

Description of your first forum.
thinknervous
Further explanation of new stabilizer features?

Post by thinknervous » Thu Feb 01, 2018 5:20 am

Hi,

I'm really excited about the new stabilizer features. I'm also confused about some of them. Can someone help me understand the following features:

- Accelerate on cursor stop
- Brush outline stabilization
- Button release delay
- Adjust on stroke speed

I've been playing around with them trying to figure out what's going on and I can get an intuitive grasp on which ones I like more but I can't figure out what's actually different.

Thanks in advance!
support
Site Admin

Re: Further explanation of new stabilizer features?

Post by support » Sun Feb 25, 2018 2:12 pm

Read tooltips:
Stroke continues to follow cursor if it doesn't change the position#Stoke catch-up

Consider the scale of the canvas#Adjust for zoom

If you do not move the cursor for more than two seconds, the smear accelerates. It is useful for large values of stabilization - from 95 to 100
Dependence (mathematical degree) of smear speed from a distance to the cursor. 1: the smear moves at a constant speed. 2: far = fast, close = slow, 3: cubic acceleration#Degree of acceleration

Show brush outline at the tip of the stroke rather than cursor#Stabilize brush outline

Draw a guide line from the tip of the stroke to the cursor#Draw direction line

Instantly draw a smear to the cursor at the end of the stroke#Catch-up on stroke end

Continue drawing for some time when releasing the mouse button or pen#Buttone release delay
Link the force of stabilizing the pressure to the value of stabilizing the position (the main slider)#chain

The additional hardness of pen pressure. The usual pressure graph changes the shape of the smear, and this slider does not affect the shape in any way. It acts exactly the same as if you set the pressure in the tablet settings in the OS#Additional pressure hardness

If enabled, the beginning of the stroke corresponds to the brush pressure graph. If off, the thickness of the beginning of the smear changes more smoothly#Hard In (on pen hit)

If enabled, the ending of the stroke corresponds to the brush pressure graph. If off, the thickness of the beginning of the smear changes more smoothly#Hard out

Enables the timer for pressure. That is, even if the smear itself stays in place, and you continue to press the pen, the pressure will continue to increase#Affect while standing still

Sets a pause after which the pressure (thickness) of the smear immediately (ignoring stabilization) becomes equal to the current pressure of the pen. Valid only at the beginning of the stroke, if you do not move the cursor. Used for a smear with a thick start#Timer start delay