Saving brushes and brush forms

Description of your first forum.
support
Site Admin
Saving brushes and brush forms

Post by support » Mon May 25, 2015 8:27 am

To save your current brushes set you must archive "C:\Users\YOURNAME\Documents\Paintstorm Studio\Brushes" folder... But you reinstall Paintstorm you must delete this folder, before replace. Union may be works not correct.

To add your own brush form - folow: "C:\Users\YOURNAME\Documents\Paintstorm Studio\Brforms" open any existing brush form(png file), change it and save it with the new file name.

Same with textures: "C:\Users\YOURNAME\Documents\Paintstorm Studio\Textures"
Digital Dave

Re: Saving brushes and brush forms

Post by Digital Dave » Thu Oct 15, 2015 12:05 pm

I will have to look into this some more, because this was one of the questions I had. How to save your brush sets. ... I've found that whenever I install/upgrade a new version, or with a recent issue I was looking at, a complete remove and re-install of the program, I loose any brushes that I have put together.

Will a future release have a simpler way to save brush sets, such as with Photo Shop, where you can simply save your .abr files and just select them later as needed? I read the information you provided above, but will have to play around with finding out just how to do this properly. Since I'm still new to PSS, and there isn't a simply save brush set function.

Thanks in advance
Dave
support
Site Admin

Post by support » Tue Oct 20, 2015 10:05 am

Of course, in the next release update all this things will be automatic and user friendly.
Dg-art

Post by Dg-art » Sat Oct 08, 2016 3:58 pm

May i ask if it is possible to save favorite brushes somehow,, or create a new category and or copy/transfer already included brushes.,

I am using the ipad app, and I'm amazed with this app i think its really awesome,, but i did rename some existing brushes but after updateing the app i had to rename them agin.

You are probably working with issues like that i believe.

Regards Daniel
support
Site Admin

Post by support » Mon Oct 17, 2016 11:12 am

Yes, you can create a new category and just create a new brush - it's copy current brush to a new, also you can collect it in custom panels