Paintstorm brush import

Description of your first forum.
Tomiangu
Paintstorm brush import

Post by Tomiangu » Thu Mar 29, 2018 3:24 pm

I recently, due to issues with Krita (pressure not recognizing) moved to Paintstorm Studio. I like it so far, brush selection is great and it is faster than Krita. I have a couple of brushes that I used on a regular basis and I can't find anything close to them in Paintstorm. Is there any way to import them? Am I able to import Krita's .bundle set?

I am in the middle of a painting and am sort of stuck without these brushes unless I start over. Sorry, I don't know much about brushes and how to create them..
support
Site Admin

Re: Paintstorm brush import

Post by support » Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:23 am

if there is no pen pressure in Paintstorm and Krita - you must search the reason outside the soft but in your tablet drivers and OS settings.
What is your tablet model?
spacerogue

Re: Paintstorm brush import

Post by spacerogue » Wed Apr 11, 2018 3:46 pm

I don't think you can import brushes directly from Krita UNLESS you manage to export them in the Photoshop format (don't know if that's possible), your best bet is to play with the brush options, learn how to make your own brushes and try to get something that feels the same.

I'd say its entirely possible to recreate them, Pss brush engine is extremely flexible, the Sai brush for example is pretty spot on from what I remember and this isn't a brush I've seen in other apps.