Poor Performance on bigger canvas

Description of your first forum.
vxm
Poor Performance on bigger canvas

Post by vxm » Wed May 16, 2018 7:28 am

Hey all,

I recently started working towards using PSS as my main painting software.

Everything's fine for doodling and painting with up to 3000x3000px on 72dpi, but yesterday I tried working on freelance job that required larger and denser setup- 6k px square in 300dpi. Brushes were lagging heavily- some only with faster strokes, others were close to unresponsive. Filling layer with paint bucket was very slow too.

Are there any tricks to make performance better? I tested available options but to na avail. I'v no problem working in PS on far larger setups, Zbrush chews through my heavy stuff pretty well too, so my PC seems sufficient enough. I got 6th gen K series Intel i5 (top model with some frequency tweaking), 16GB RAM, Intel SSD and GTX 970, all in desktop flavour with good cooling and enough power :)

Any help or suggestions would be much appreciated. I really like PSS and I'd love to make it my first choice for most of my work.
support
Site Admin

Re: Poor Performance on bigger canvas

Post by support » Wed May 16, 2018 9:27 am

you can try to increase spacing parameter for large brushes, if it's not a flat - 10 or 30 size - will look the same for example. But bristle brushes will be slow anyway.