Perspective tutorial or tips? iPad app ...

Description of your first forum.
mhulse
Perspective tutorial or tips? iPad app ...

Post by mhulse » Mon Jan 28, 2019 4:07 am

Hello.

Anyone know of a good perspective tutorial?

Im curious how to best use the perspective tool ... one thing I'm struggling with is snapping and how to get lines that snap vertically? Do I have to swith to ruler tool? Just curious how to do a perspective drawing whilst maintaining peed and productivity.

Also, whats the best way to do multi-point perspectives? I'm guessing that I draw a solid horizon line and then move perspective tool to points and manually save states as I go?

Any tips?

Thanks!
support
Site Admin

Re: Perspective tutorial or tips? iPad app ...

Post by support » Sun Feb 17, 2019 12:42 pm

Perspective tool is a one-point perspective and it's good only for flat objects like a "flat" clouds (compare with all view deep)
In real-world - perspective is always 3 points, but usually, top point it to hight to notice deformation until you see in the sky (for example near the hight building) and artists use 2point perspective.

better drag perspective points far beyond the canvas area
better set Dynamic rulers show mode to correctly drawing
Attachments
img-2019-02-17-15-41-04.png
img-2019-02-17-15-41-04.png (90.5KiB)Viewed 3471 times
img-2019-02-17-15-38-56.png
img-2019-02-17-15-38-56.png (12.33KiB)Viewed 3471 times
mhulse

Re: Perspective tutorial or tips? iPad app ...

Post by mhulse » Mon Feb 18, 2019 3:50 am

Awesome! Thank you so much for the tips! They are very helpful. :)

I also noticed that I can save perspectives... It's been about a month since I last was on my iPad, but I think this allowed me to play with multiple flat objects on the same vanishing point... I had to create my vanishing point line first, using a ruler, then I was able to save perspective points along that plane (basically, I was experimenting with 2-point perspective objects but facing different directions, like a living room layout).

Overall, seems like a pretty solid tool for helping with basic/intermediate perspective needs.

I love Paintstorm!

Thanks again!