Does the linux version support non wacom tablets?

Description of your first forum.
rattsang
Does the linux version support non wacom tablets?

Post by rattsang » Tue Jul 14, 2020 8:34 am

im trying to get pss working on Debian 10 but have been unable to get pressure and tilt working for my xp pen 15.6 artist pro display tablet. I do own an old wacom and pressure and tilt works fine in that. are non wacom tablets supported yet?
support
Site Admin

Re: Does the linux version support non wacom tablets?

Post by support » Sat Aug 15, 2020 9:04 am

No, only Wacom tablets supported on Linux, sorry.
Blendie

Re: Does the linux version support non wacom tablets?

Post by Blendie » Sat Aug 15, 2020 12:32 pm

Not to go against Support's answer, but I've just found that the DECO 01 I bought via Amazon UK works with pressure. I'm using Anarchy and Mate, Zen kernel, wine-staging and mesa, and run a light GTK system generally. Battery-less stylus, not passive. Running AMD desktop; amdgpu/ATI. Installed on system: kernel/headers, digimend/dkms, libwacom, libevdev, xf86-input-wacom.

Saw the thread about using v2.10 can be best, so I followed Support's link to that, double-clicked to install (wine loader), and PSS runs perfectly. I messed about with tablet settings, ending up on Mode 3, with 'coordinate mouse mode' selected. Wasn't sure if any settings had worked, so just restarted PSS, and pressure works!

PSS opening up on other monitor, but a quick shortcut to move to main monitor fixes that. The Deco 01 is on sale at Amazon UK, for £55: https://www.amazon.co.uk/XP-Pen-Profess ... 924&sr=8-2. I'd bought it a couple of weeks ago for Krita (only needs a slight adaptation to get the button working for pop-up palette in Krita ... see Digimend github support page). The identification PID:VID of the DECO 01 looks like it's for the v2. This link will get you to the right tablet, so you can see if that's an option that might work for you.
AMD, SparkyOS/Mate, XP-Pen Deco v2