Stabilization/Cursor Help

Description of your first forum.
ArmorWraith
Stabilization/Cursor Help

Post by ArmorWraith » Wed Sep 15, 2021 7:16 pm

I have been using photoshop, affinity, clip studio for years now.

Paintstorms cursor seems to have some sort of stabilization applied, even when everything is turned off.

I have attached my global stabilizer settings for reference. I don't actually like to use stabilization.
I have scoured the forums for different fixes, reinstalled pss, drivers, enabled vsync, coord mouse mode, tablet modes, adjusted Wacom settings etc.

I just can't seem to get rid of the floaty feeling, it makes it very uncomfortable to draw with.
None of these problems occur in ps, affinity, or clip, by default, just paintstorm.

I am wondering if I am missing some setting or other. The feeling is best described as, the cursor feels floaty.
It has some degree of acceleration or other that just makes it feel inaccurate, leading to a poor drawing feeling.

The stroke is about an inch behind the actual cursor, then when you stop drawing it accelerates to the actual cursor position, giving it a floating slingshot effect. This makes it hard to visually adjust your strokes and get the timing down.

I have attached my brush setting as well, I created just a default hard round using the global stabilizer settings. (Avoiding maybe it's your spacing or texture comments etc.)

I have tested this with default settings on a few different computers here, and I have used default settings etc.
It only happens in paintstorm. I know some degree of cursor lag is unavoidable, but I feel this is important to bring up.

I use a wacom cintiq 16 (not pro), an Intuos M, and a Cintiq 13, Ipad Pro 10.5, this feeling is present on all of them.
I have none of these issues with other software, at least with default settings.

Paintstorm rocks in every other aspect, I love it, I have used it for years. I am just frustrated I can't use it for my sketching and drafting due to this cursor issue. A snappy cursor lets you do crosshatch, sharp angles, and wonky edges, I have a harder time doing those in pss.

I am curious to see if this was present before the stabilizer update, I don't remember it being an issue, but I am not sure how to access previous versions of the program.

Anyway, these are just my thoughts for the PSS team.

I have a windows 10 machine, I7 Processor, Gtx 1060, 16 gb ram , and a 500Gb SSD. (my main machine)
If the developers look into this, and need me to collect data or something , I would be more than happy to oblige!

All the best,
Solus
Attachments
Untitled2.png
Untitled2.png (38.48KiB)Viewed 44895 times
Untitled.png
Untitled.png (35.93KiB)Viewed 44895 times