Lazy Nezumi

okuma_10
Lazy Nezumi

Post by okuma_10 » Fri Aug 21, 2015 7:17 pm

I made another thread before,but I guess it got deleted with the accidental deletion of my account.
But I'm reviving it here.
I've been playing with Lazy Nezumi and there are some things I like a lot...like the perspective and concentric circle/ellipse constrains.I think the smoothing with the rope and so on is better in PSS.I like the idea of how you can modulate the stroke with noise or custom scripts in Nezumi.
The perspective constrain is really nice and easy to use.I love the visual look of the constrains.One thing I think it lacks is manual snap.And although it does have a manual snap...I think it could be more manual.As it is now you still can make a mark with the other axis but I guess it will prefer to snap to the axis that is set as manual snap.What will really make it "manual" is to make the manual snap axis ,to be the only axis that you will be drawing on.
Another thing I dislike in Nezumi...is that it's totally screen dependent.So a pan to one or the other side destroys the perspective setup.

So I would love to see all the things Nezumi is missing and also the things it is scoring high,being implemented in PSS as part of the internal engine.
Trevor Dennis

Re: Lazy Nezumi

Post by Trevor Dennis » Wed Mar 06, 2019 6:00 am

okuma, I don't know if you'll ever see this answer coming more than four years after you started the thread. There's some irony in that I found your post after discovering Paintstorm, and thinking some of its features reminded me of Lazy Nezumi Pro (LNP). I'm a big fan of LNP, and especially features that have been added since you started this thread. Vanishing Lines, for instance. I'd pay several times the LNP asking price just for that one feature. Photoshop made a dent in Guillaume's business when it introduced brush smoothing a couple of versions back, but there's a lot more to LNP than brush smoothing.

You mention losing the setup with the perspective tools when panning, which I agree is annoying, but I use Vanishing Lines more than anything else, and that preset survives all levels of panning and zooming.

I have had issues with some of the overlays in LNP, like being unable to pick up and move the orange setup disks, but turning off Direct2D in the Overlay settings, fixes that.

OK Paintstorm has downloaded while I wrote this answer, and having been blown away by the into video, and blown away again at how little it costs, I can't wait to play with it. :)