Cool Color Wheel suggestion

Lenia
Cool Color Wheel suggestion

Post by Lenia » Thu Dec 03, 2015 4:55 am

Hey guys, love the the program so far, painting in it is dreamy :D I have a suggestion that imo would make it even better. This type of colorwheel that I'm using in Krita. It has a great advantage over the standard colorwheel, because you can set the lightness/value of the color instead of the hue on a slider, and the saturation and hue of the colors is shown by the wheel itself. The great advantage is that you get to see how the colors of the same value relate to one another on the wheel (red for example will always be brighter and more vivid than green even if the lightness/value is the same) and it makes building a harmonious and consistent color palette for your painting easier because you can literally see on the wheel how colors look compared to one another, as shadows, midtones or highlights, and you can pick colors directly from the wheel to add diversity to your palette without having to worry about messing up your values.
colorwheel.JPEG
colorwheel.JPEG (36.63KiB)Viewed 3546 times
If you guys could add something similar to PStorm in the future I would love it, and I think it would help out a lot of other people who use PStorm with a painting mindset. :D