Feature requests

Forge-T
Feature requests

Post by Forge-T » Fri May 29, 2015 4:09 pm

Hello,
Me and my friends have recently bought Paintstorm and love it so far.
We really like where this program is going, however we came up with some suggestions to improve the user experience.

Here is the list:
- Tooltips when hovering over icons. I'm a Photoshop vet, but even so not everything was clear at the start. Just a simple "make clipping mask" when hovering over icon would make things much more clear when first time learning the program.
- Ability to select and merge multiple layers. This one I think is very important if you work on many layers. Merging let's say all character layers or moving a few layers at the same time would be invaluable.
- Merging layer folders to a single layer. Instead of going with layers one by one and deleting the folder when you're done.
- Resetting, loading and saving gradients and gradient sets. Since gradients and their use in brushes seem to be very strong (and unusual) feature of Paintstudio, I think their handling should be made easier and in a way that is non-destructive. Putting them up as a file will ensure they won't get accidentally replaced.
- Free Transform - Distort mode, Warp. Like in Photoshop. Helps with fixing proportions and adjusting textures.
- Ability to set layer (and folder) color in Layers window. Again, with layer-heavy workflow it makes handling them much easier.
- Drag&drop files from explorer (or Bridge) to open them. Especially since Paintstorm doesn't have .psd thumbnail preview when in Open window.
- Layer styles, like Photoshop's Stroke or Gradient Overlay.
- Circular selection.
- In Fast Preview with default keyboard shortcut the Shift key makes the preview line for making straight lines visible. I hope it can be disabled in fast preview so it doesnt get obstructed. Also, when you hover your cursor over now-hidden UI elements, it causes them to flicker.

You've done amazing work on the program and we hope to see it evolve even further. In the meantime, we'll spread the word. Thanks a lot!
support
Site Admin

Re: Feature requests

Post by support » Fri May 29, 2015 8:10 pm

Thanks for suggestions.
Forge-T wrote: - Resetting, loading and saving gradients and gradient sets. Since gradients and their use in brushes seem to be very strong (and unusual) feature of Paintstudio, I think their handling should be made easier and in a way that is non-destructive. Putting them up as a file will ensure they won't get accidentally replaced.
We plan to allow import\export brushes, but still don't think about gradients... maybe we can do it too.
Forge-T wrote: - Free Transform - Distort mode, Warp. Like in Photoshop. Helps with fixing proportions and adjusting textures.
We plan to add grid-warp as in photoshop, but right now you can drag corners with the CTRL (I don't know how it calles - warp or distort :) )
Forge-T wrote: - Ability to set layer (and folder) color in Layers window. Again, with layer-heavy workflow it makes handling them much easier.
It's possible only fot default photoshop colors... Here's can be obstacles, because photoshop format is not native for paintstorm.