Suggestion: trim, tool switching mode, and navigating

hallodx
Suggestion: trim, tool switching mode, and navigating

Post by hallodx » Sun Jun 14, 2015 2:44 am

Hi, I just bought Paintstorm yesterday, and here are something I think "if they were here, this soft can be better things"

First, I can't find Trim function everywhere so I suppose there in no Trim.
This is just a minor function comparing to awesome brush engines, and can be done at other software, but that's just kind of wired.

Second, reset hotkey. I toyed Define Hotkey almost half time using Paintstorm, because when I'm done zooming in or out, picked a color and the tool is still zoom tool. That's strange to me, since I think when I stop zooming and pick a color, I finished zooming and it should be brush tool now.
Now, let's say zoom tool and brush tool are toggle mode, moving canvas is on-press mode. When I released Space, the canvas stop and the tool resume what it was. I hope zoom and brush can do the same. So if you would add a list for us to check what mode for each function we want, that would be awesome.

Third, navigating. Navigator is there, and I don't see a square showing where I am nor can I go around with it. I have to zoom out, zoom in, move canvas a bit, and zoom in, to get to the next place I want to work on.
And maybe it's just me, but I wish I can have scrolls for canvas.

Thank you for the awesomeness!
support
Site Admin

Re: Suggestion: trim, tool switching mode, and navigating

Post by support » Sun Jun 14, 2015 4:28 pm

You can use crop tool for trimming, or you work with textures and need pixel accuracy?

I advise to use fast zoom hotkey (default space+ctrl, like in photoshop) it's works as toggle...
You can swap 3 hotkeys profiles(default: F2,F3,F4)

Navigator - yes we know about this problem and fix it as soon as we can.

Thank you for suggestions.