Disable touch for drawing

Kuttyjoe
Disable touch for drawing

Post by Kuttyjoe » Sat May 21, 2016 12:02 pm

It would be good if there were an option where you could simply make it impossible for the finger to draw marks. Some of the Android apps have this feature and it's really good. You can disable finger to make marks, but still use fingers to rotate screen or zoom. Even use just 1 finger to pan the screen. This is really good. It seems that iPad is not very good with touch and none of the apps have these features to disable finger to make marks. It makes a lot of mistakes and leaves lots of finger marks on the drawing, and also when I pinch to zoom, it often just doesn't work. I have to try again. Sometimes 2 or 3 times to get a two finger rotate screen. This is happening in every app, including Paintstorm Studio. Android is doing a lot better with this so I guess it has something to do with Android vs iOS/iPad.
support
Site Admin

Re: Disable touch for drawing

Post by support » Tue May 31, 2016 8:03 pm

Ability to disable all touch functions and all finger callback? OK, it's easy to do.
Kuttyjoe

Post by Kuttyjoe » Wed Jun 01, 2016 5:10 pm

That's awesome. Will this allow us to use one finger for panning?

PaintStorm is a great app. Like having Photoshop on an iPad, but with a brush engine like Painter. It's my favorite iPad art app.
ErrkaPetti

Post by ErrkaPetti » Wed Jun 01, 2016 6:35 pm

Kuttyjoe wrote:It would be good if there were an option where you could simply make it impossible for the finger to draw marks. Some of the Android apps have this feature and it's really good. You can disable finger to make marks, but still use fingers to rotate screen or zoom. Even use just 1 finger to pan the screen. This is really good. It seems that iPad is not very good with touch and none of the apps have these features to disable finger to make marks. It makes a lot of mistakes and leaves lots of finger marks on the drawing, and also when I pinch to zoom, it often just doesn't work. I have to try again. Sometimes 2 or 3 times to get a two finger rotate screen. This is happening in every app, including Paintstorm Studio. Android is doing a lot better with this so I guess it has something to do with Android vs iOS/iPad.
I don't get it, do you say that iOS functionalities is bad, and, Android is better than iOS in this terms?

Hahaha, you must be kidding!

Android, no thank's!
Kuttyjoe

Post by Kuttyjoe » Thu Jun 02, 2016 12:27 am

In the particular way that I mentioned, it certainly is. Android is doing much better with palm rejection across every single app. Art apps, note taking apps, etc. Android is doing better. Palm rejection or differentiating from stylus to finger is a problem with every art and note taking app on iOS. You have to realize that the whole stylus thing is perfectly new on iOS so maybe it needs time to get better. In the meantime, apps need to be able.to disallow the finger or hand to make a mark. Android apps are ahead on this too. They all have good options like allowing the hand to only operate the interface, but not make marks.