Suggestions for when you incorporate 3D into the program

colorwave
Suggestions for when you incorporate 3D into the program

Post by colorwave » Fri Jul 22, 2016 7:25 am

I was glad to learn that Paintstorm Studio is planning on incorporating 3D models sometime in the future. 3D has always been a feature that excited me when offered within digital painting programs, but it is also a feature that usually requires plenty of improvements. That’s why I want to make some suggestions beforehand on qualities I think would be useful.

Here are my suggestions for the 3D.

1) Ability to pose multiple 3D models together in order to create poses for romance scenes and other intimate interactions between loved ones

2) Need shortcuts and ways to pose the models quickly, especially when using multiple models in interactive poses. The main goal of the 3D is to set up the poses as quickly as possible in order to get to the real part, which is the creation of the artwork. That’s why the speed in which this can be accomplished is extremely important.

3) Options to change the body type of the 3D models (e.g., thickness of the body, broadness of shoulders, hip proportions, legs to torso ratio, head shape, proportions of the facial features, concentration of muscle, concentration of fat)

4) Ability to pick a specific height for each model, such as 5’1, 5’8, 6’5, etc. Another useful way to decide the height, especially useful for anime characters, is by choosing how many heads tall the model will be (e.g., 10 heads, 7 1/2 heads, 3 1/4 heads)

5) Different viewing modes for the models. One approach is the one used by Manga Studio, where lines on the model’s skin serve as guidelines. Another way is to show the skeletal system, either realistically or through simple shapes. Another useful mode is one that provides a realistic depiction of the skin but has the option of picking different skin tones and colors.

6) Lighting options for 3D models, such as the ability to pick multiple light sources, decide on the type of light (e.g., natural, artificial, sunrise, noon, sunset, harsh, soft, spot light), and choose a color for the light if needed.

7) Perspective lens options, such as dynamic foreshortening and fisheye

8) Import photos and make them stand upright to serve as a guide when posing the 3D models

9) Ability to save the customized models, name each model, and reuse them later

10) Maintain the 3D setup even after the file gets closed in order to continue working with it later

I understand that the 3D might not be introduced any time soon but I really hope that when it becomes available it will have some good features to work with :)
support
Site Admin

Re: Suggestions for when you incorporate 3D into the program

Post by support » Sun Aug 28, 2016 10:51 am

OK.
1)Yes, of-course
2)it's not very hard to give ability to rescale every part of body, but I'am not sure that it's a good idea for most parts, for example at the growing height proportions changes not linear for all parts, and it should be calculated automatically. With other words - slider - "change height" is the better way.
3)Yes it will be several bodies, for example one anime, one real, one inflated man etc. with several heads each.
4)as I already say - slide to change height
5)Not sure about skeleton :) but ability to change material
6)yes
7)perspective foreshortening - yes, not sure about fisheye :)
8)3d model will be above the background which you drawing at Paintstorm.
9-10)of course you could save 3d scene and pose to the poses library.

Also I want to notice that it will be a doll-type models, something near Ball Joint Dolls (BJD) it's a little different than standard Poser models.