Floating documents

Oz.
Floating documents

Post by Oz. » Mon Sep 19, 2016 11:10 am

First of all, this software is absolutely amazing. I've gone through every art-related program currently available and this is the only one that actually really positively surprised and impressed me. Definitely buying the full version as soon as my trial is over, this brush engine, customizability and overall smoothness are pure genius.

However, one feature suggestion/request I'd have is implementation of floating document windows. One thing I usually do in Photoshop while working is putting my ref documents side by side next to the piece I'm working and - unless I missed something - theres no way for me to do it in here. I know about the "reference" window feature, but its not really the same, I cant have multiple of those as far as I can tell.

Keep up the good work, this is easily the #1 painting software out there right now.
kerroperro

Re: Floating documents

Post by kerroperro » Fri Nov 25, 2016 1:20 pm

Seconded, would be a great help to me as well.
Rinine

Post by Rinine » Fri Nov 25, 2016 10:53 pm

Yes please D:
This is a must have feature.

Paintstorm actually open documents in tabs. Only need the posibility of drag the tabs like an internet browser
IgorS

Post by IgorS » Sat Nov 26, 2016 4:34 pm

Vote for the feature. Completely agree with Oz.
support
Site Admin

Post by support » Mon Dec 05, 2016 1:23 pm

Paintstorm engine is more like video game engine, and as you should understand is little hard to add ability for example to move radar in Counter strike to other monitor. But we can create new window and show some panels in this new window, it can be moved for example to 2nd monitor. Anyway this suggestion one of the most asked.
Rinine

Post by Rinine » Tue Dec 06, 2016 9:23 am

support wrote:Paintstorm engine is more like video game engine, and as you should understand is little hard to add ability for example to move radar in Counter strike to other monitor. But we can create new window and show some panels in this new window, it can be moved for example to 2nd monitor. Anyway this suggestion one of the most asked.
Maybe is easy to you to develop a external plugin wich syncs with the data of the current canvas, showing in a floating window.
Like a "subview" (but yep, losing the ability to edit in the window).
(Or even a whole new instance of PS with only the canvas synced)

Anyway, at least two windows of the same canvas inside Paintstorm (not floating) is a must have feature.

Per example, I purchased a Cintiq27qhd. It is very big, is really nice working "zoomed in" in an area while having next to a full view of the canvas. (but all inside the main window).
support
Site Admin

Post by support » Sun Dec 11, 2016 10:42 am

Rinine wrote: Per example, I purchased a Cintiq27qhd. It is very big, is really nice working "zoomed in" in an area while having next to a full view of the canvas. (but all inside the main window).
You can use reference window, or navigator window, it's size increased in the 1.72. See example
Attachments
reference-navigator.jpg
reference-navigator.jpg (418.86KiB)Viewed 5245 times
michaelws

Post by michaelws » Wed Mar 01, 2017 7:53 pm

Where do I find the Reference window? I do not see it anywhere on my desktop version, and I have the latest 1.72. I have the reference window on my ipad pro but unable to see it here o the desktop.
support
Site Admin

Post by support » Fri Mar 03, 2017 2:01 pm

If you enable it, but reference window does not shows, try to reset UI layout at Menu-other-reset to default
michaelws

Post by michaelws » Fri Mar 03, 2017 6:19 pm

Thanks...reset and working now!