Some suggestions :D

danielhalond
Some suggestions :D

Post by danielhalond » Thu Oct 27, 2016 10:28 pm

I would like to list some features that I believe would be really great to have in PPS:

:!: Switch between regular Lasso Tool and Polygonal Lasso while we draw our selections
:!: Selection Feather in pixels
:!: The ability to drag and drop layers on top or below other layers
:!: PPS could show us the name and the shortcut to a tool while we hover the cursor above the corresponding button
:!: Custom Selection Tool

This one /\ I believe no program has, at least the ones I've tested. It would be nice if we could draw a selection using custom shapes, just like as we use custom form for a brush but for the selection tool. That would be better than photoshop's "custom shape tool", because it already fills inside the selection, in the other hand if we could draw only the selection and maybe use it to delete something, or paint freely inside the selection would be great. Maybe if instead of filling or painting it we want to draw the outline, there could be a stroke size option aswell.
:!: Another convenient feature is shown in this video below (I really don't know if there is anything wrong in posting other softwares here, if there is I'm sorry :[)
https://youtu.be/-9tyMqTsfmU?t=3m27s
The video is about another drawing software called clip paint studio, and it has the ability to delete lines that crosses another line (the link already has the starting point at 3:27). It seems to use a vector layer, I never used this software so I don't know how this actually works but this feature seems impressive.
:!: The last one that I remember is to have a warp tool during a selection tool(may that be the retangular, circular or custom xD who knows!!)

I know my english has some issues so hopefully you'll understand everything and maybe these suggestions help to improve the software somehow. It is always nice to see there is an update to pps so I hope this helps :]]]]]
Thanks!!! :mrgreen:
support
Site Admin

Re: Some suggestions :D

Post by support » Sun Nov 13, 2016 12:59 pm

//Selection Feather in pixels - yes, this is nice feature, we plane it

//The ability to drag and drop layers on top or below other layers - it's already possible oO

//Custom Selection Tool - maybe better use mask layer to so complicated selection, same is for layer wich you can draw and select all it's pixels by ctrl+click at the layers panel

//Another convenient feature - yes, we know this feature - but this is vector tool(inside the program, but raster at the canvas), we plan to create some vector tools in future
MrKrane

Post by MrKrane » Thu Nov 24, 2016 3:39 pm

Hello

The function to drag layers above or below others with either not working properly or is extremely fiddly to use. I cannot drag a layer around just by left clicking and dragging it, I have to right click so the menu comes up and then I have to left click the layer I want to move (while the menu is still up) and only then can I drag the layer around, super frustrating to deal with.
support
Site Admin

Post by support » Mon Dec 05, 2016 1:15 pm

MrKrane wrote:The function to drag layers above or below others with either not working properly or is extremely fiddly to use. I cannot drag a layer around just by left clicking and dragging it, I have to right click so the menu comes up and then I have to left click the layer I want to move (while the menu is still up) and only then can I drag the layer around, super frustrating to deal with.
Just click at the layer and hold 1.5 seconds until it will be flash, start to dragging.
MrKrane

Post by MrKrane » Tue Jan 10, 2017 2:05 am

support wrote: Just click at the layer and hold 1.5 seconds until it will be flash, start to dragging.
Ah awesome, not a function I've ever seen in any other program I've used but know I know I think I may prefer it this way, thanks for the reply!