A few suggestions/wishes

MrKrane
A few suggestions/wishes

Post by MrKrane » Thu Nov 24, 2016 3:33 pm

Hello!

I've just picked up Paintstorm and am loving the engine and how smooth everything is, the paintly feel and realistic brushes and tools are so much fun to use.

I've got a few issues with it though, fundamental functions that are missing that is driving me up the wall and making the experience less enjoyable overall.

I would like to say that I am not sure if these functions are actually in here somewhere and need to be turned out or something like that, if that is the case please let me know how to do that!

1: No quick save button! I cannot find a quick save button anywhere at all and the only way to save is via the drop down menu and it just feels that little bit more fiddly when I'm in the flow and subconsciously reach for that quick save button only to find there isn't one and have my flow interrupted :(

2: The way the drop down menus work. They are fiddly because instead of having the standard Click one to open, click again to close, it just re opens the menu when you click it a second time and it is just frustrating.
The second issue with the drop down menus is that you have to click each menu (File/Edit/Image/Etc) Individually rather than being able to click just one of them and then slide horizonally across the others to have them open as you mouse over them.

3: No details on mouse over. I have no idea what so many icons represent because when I mouse over them to get the name of a tool nothing comes up so I am left wondering what the less than obvious icons do. Please add mouse over details for the functions/icons/etc!

Obviously different people work in different ways and not everyone will share my concerns but the issues I've listed are standard across every other Painting software I have personally used and using a program that doesn't have them makes me realise how important they are for my (and I am sure other's) workflow, please add in at least an option to have these features!

Other than the issues above I am seriously loving this program, it is a complete steal at the price it is now ($20).