Important Features

filthyari
Important Features

Post by filthyari » Tue Dec 20, 2016 8:05 am

Hello, I am new to this program and I use it on iPad Pro. I have a few things I think are pretty vital to MY digital art experience and I know I'm not alone on these. Keep in mind: I AM NEW. I'm also using the free version. So a few of these might already be features or are features in the paid version (which I plan on getting soon). So let me know if these features already exist!!

-The ability to merge folders! This is my biggest concern. I use folders all the time and my art process calls for them to be merged towards the end. Even a "merge visible layers" option could fix this problem.

-The ability to clip things to folders. Seems like a good idea and most other art programs do this. I sometimes use it for when I make backgrounds that don't cover the whole image.

-For some reason, when I made my own brush folder and compiled my favorite brushes with their own settings, I reopened the program and it was all back to normal?? Why isn't this something that is saved? Like.. Dude. I spent forever going through brushes and picking them out. Why didn't my brush folder stay there when I reopened the app?? Was that a glitch? Either way, the option to save your layout would be good.

-ALSO, AND THIS IS REALLY IMPORTANT, we should be able to lock the window boxes (like the layer box, brush box, color wheel, etc) so that we don't bump them on accident!! Like, sometimes I'll nudge something on accident and my whole layout is completely ruined! And it takes forever to get it back! Please let us lock the layout on iPad! I love the way I can set my windows up the way I want but it's not really helpful when you barely nudge it and it all goes crazy! Ahhh! >.<

-Last, more color editing options like levels. I do a lot of color editing.

Thanks!!
support
Site Admin

Re: Important Features

Post by support » Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:26 am

To merge all layers in folder you can select all included layers and click at the "merge layers" icon - it will merge all selected layers
-For some reason, when I made my own brush folder and compiled my favorite brushes with their own settings, I reopened the program and it was all back to normal??

It can happen after Paintstorm crashes, try to export brushes to the file before close Paintstorm, also try to create only one brush and close Paintstorm
we should be able to lock the window boxes
- click at the little locker icon at the right top corner of the main window
Last, more color editing options like levels. I do a lot of color editing.
- we don't have "levels", but you can find very powerful color correction at "menu-filter-smart color correction" :)