Some suggestions

asahiart
Some suggestions

Post by asahiart » Tue Jan 24, 2017 5:12 pm

Hi there, i am still exploring this software and i love it so far , i had a bit of trouble to figure out how to set up the brushes so they can act like in PS . I usually need top paint over 3d assets and cannot have blending but , seems i figured it out . I gave myself a full week to work exclusively on paintstorm at the studio ( Ubisoft) , see if it can handle production request as well as PS . I would love to find an alternative to PS ( and so a lot of artists ) , goal would be to introduce it to my other coworkers and my art network so they can implement it in their pipeline.

Some quality of life improvement that could be added .

-When you open your saved file it would be nice that the layer selected by default is the top one and not the bottom one , wich you can't seen when you have multiple layers .
-When flipping the canvas , it would be nice that it flip the picture in the navigator flip too .
-Possibility to drag layers into the icons , bin , new folder etc... at the bottom .
-warp and liquify ( it's already been mentionned i think )
-possibility to import picture directly to the canvas , i , and a lot of concept artists use photobashing and photo texture .
-possibility ( activate or desactivate ) to have anchors visible when selecting , for now i am not sure what i am selecting if i move something on a layer) and i always need to press ctrl+T .

I don't understand why all my imported brushes appears like this ( see attached capture.png ) well anyway i have to set them up .... dream would be to be able to import the brushes from PS and they keep all their setting sigh *

keep up the good work guys

https://www.artstation.com/artist/asahiart
Attachments
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (97.32KiB)Viewed 1860 times
support
Site Admin

Re: Some suggestions

Post by support » Thu Jan 26, 2017 9:57 am

-When flipping the canvas , it would be nice that it flip the picture in the navigator flip too .
Sometimes it's better to see both variants... you can use reference panel same way as navigator preview, and in reference panel, it mirrored with the main canvas :)
-warp and liquify ( it's already been mentionned i think )
Liquify is available from version 1.70 Menu-Filters-Warp (it's a little different engine in comparison with Photoshop, but in Paintstorm you can apply it to all your layers! )
-possibility to import picture directly to the canvas
I notice that's actual for iPad version, so many customers ask for this suggestion... I think we'll give user a choice at the file open - "Add to current / New document"
-possibility ( activate or desactivate )
Disable Menu-Selection-Autohide selection
I don't understand why all my imported brushes appears like this ( see attached capture.png )
ABR imported brushes copy all settings from a currently selected brush. With other words, the only forms and brush textures are reading from ABR.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YyYx73d_lx4&t=38s look from 5:05
asahiart

Post by asahiart » Thu Jan 26, 2017 5:40 pm

Well for the navigator maybe add the option to check or uncheck if it follows the canvas or not , that would be simpler for the user , if i need to see the other side i just flip again .

Thanks for the answers :)
asahiart

Post by asahiart » Thu Jan 26, 2017 6:23 pm

also a copy feature that takes all layer at once ( "shift ctrl + c" on PS ) would be super usefull :)
lordzieta

Post by lordzieta » Fri Jan 27, 2017 4:12 am

asahiart wrote: -When flipping the canvas , it would be nice that it flip the picture in the navigator flip too .
I think it's no problem with it, I'd like the navigator stay original view although the canvas has been flipped , so we can see both "how the image looks originaly" and "how image looks flipped :)