About Layer Group

lordzieta
About Layer Group

Post by lordzieta » Mon Mar 06, 2017 4:52 pm

1) Pass Through layer mode for a Group
if I'm insert any layer into group layer, the layer effect will follow the group mode. for example if I have layer named "L" and a group named "G"
if L mode is multiply and I insert it on G which the layer is Normal, the image in layer L will be shown as Normal (following the group mode)

just a bit comparison, in photoshop, we can set a group mode "Pass Through" (it's default mode if you make a new group). so the group's mode will be ignored so the layers inside this group will never change

2) Drag layer into group to insert it
as the title, I think it's really effective way to allow us drag any layer into a group to insert it into the group

I hope paintstorm has these feature for next update, Thank you
MarioManzanares

Re: About Layer Group

Post by MarioManzanares » Tue Nov 13, 2018 8:49 am

I would like this feature too, please.

Right now, the layer mode of a group is ignored by the layers inside it. I would like this to change, since in Photoshop it is very useful to have a group set to Multiply, then work in black and white in the layers inside it so the white acts as a non-destructive eraser when applied in layers on top of others.

Is this too complex to implement? :)
Clarian

Post by Clarian » Sun Feb 03, 2019 1:59 pm

The feature I'd like is the one being discussed here, I think.

I've attached a sample .psd, and here is an image of how the same file looks when opened in Photoshop (left) vs. Paintstorm (right):

layer_group_blend_mode.zip
(615.18KiB)Downloaded 224 times
Basically, this has layer groups that are assigned with blending modes. (As far as I can tell, the blending of the innermost layer groups are calculated first, then used as input for blending the next level up, etc.)

I LOVE the Paintstorm brush engine, but I wish it could handle layer group blending modes the same way that Photoshop does! Thanks!
support
Site Admin

Post by support » Sun Feb 17, 2019 12:46 pm

blending modes do not have an effect on Groups at the moment, we know about this suggest