Some IMPORTANT features should add to paintstorm

Ico-dY
Re: Some IMPORTANT features should add to paintstorm

Post by Ico-dY » Thu Jun 22, 2017 2:56 am

Yatta! Finally I've solved the problem!
Here's the brush preset in attachment to help other people in same condition! :D
I needed to tweak the stabilizer's stroke speed curve.
Attachments
dyn_hard_round_v2.pstbrushes.zip
(17.57KiB)Downloaded 225 times
cestarian

Post by cestarian » Fri Jun 30, 2017 3:13 pm

I have the issue with the unusual pressure thing too, although Ico-Dy's brush stabilizer settings mitigate it a lot, there are still traces of it.

I've noticed this shit happens even if I make a stroke with the mouse which is 100% pressure from start to finish. That is not normal, there is something wrong somewhere that needs fixing, this is not a pressure sensitivity issue, it's like you have something somewhere that makes strokes start on light pressure and end on light pressure and the only true way around it is to hold your pen in place for a second at the start of every stroke and before you end it again.

For brush size and opacity settings this may not be that big of a deal, but when you're doing things like the color settings (H/S/B, btw it should be H/S/V not B), it is really, really bad because if you are changing things like value based on your pressure, you need to have full control.
cestarian

Post by cestarian » Sat Jul 01, 2017 3:02 am

Aha! I realized what is causing this issue! I made a really complicated bristly brush with custom form and random rotation and shit so that it lags quite a bit, if I draw with the mouse like I said before, I press down, I move the mouse around and then I release the key, but I released the key before the program has fully caught up, and as soon as I do it's like I'm drawing with light pressure. Basically, the program predicts your stroke's distance based on when I release the button but it does not predict what level of pressure is being used to draw and when in doubt it seems to default to the lightest level of pressure.

I imagine for basic brushes this happens so frequently because of small several millisecond delays that are enough to give us just an instant of lightest pressure at the end of every stroke, and sometimes the start too. You should really optimize this, this is really probably the worst bug in the program right now.
support
Site Admin

Post by support » Sat Jul 01, 2017 9:54 am

Yes, know this issue, we'll try to fix it.