Two keybinding features

cestarian
Two keybinding features

Post by cestarian » Thu Jun 29, 2017 12:39 am

Let me first say I am hugely impressed by the keybinding feature in Paintstorm, the ability to use any key as a modifier is sublime, you went above and beyond what most programs do here :mrgreen: you even allow us to change what the modifier keys themselves do most of the time (like changing between alt or ctrl for color picking) I go absolutely batshit crazy when programs don't let me do that (I hate photoshop very passionately for this, professional my ass!) but it could be a little better.

There are two keybinding features that I would like, the first one is that I would like middle mouse click to be keybindable (it's commonly one of the side buttons on tablets by default)

The second and slightly less important one is alternative bindings, e.g. to have two separate keybindings bound to one button.

I'm very impressed by how you guys have handled keybinding in this software, seriously, it's never been simpler or more convenient in any other program I have tried, and I've tried several :ugeek: these things are very important to me, although the same praise cannot be said for your default keybindings (ctrl+y for redo? seriously? everyone else uses ctrl+shift+c) but it's no big deal since it can easily be changed anyways :D the keyboard presets are also a pretty nice touch, even if I personally don't use them, it's pretty nice to at least have the option to switch between them. Instead of just a "Reset to default" button like most of them do. Speaking of that, there's a third feature you could add, reset (preset) to default button ;)
support
Site Admin

Re: Two keybinding features

Post by support » Sat Jul 01, 2017 2:36 pm

OK. Got it.