3dConnection Space Mouse Support

VanDeiMin
3dConnection Space Mouse Support

Post by VanDeiMin » Mon Sep 25, 2017 12:45 pm

Hi Paintstorm Team
I use Your excelent software in my digital painting here in Poland.
Now I collaborate with polish branch of Wacom and with 3dConnection also.

My suggestion is :

Please Add 3dConnection Space Mouse support.
I use this manipulator instead of keyboard and scaling within PaintstormStudio work amazig
But can't pan or change brush size.
Even SpaceMouse is designed for 3d software it also help significantly in 2d work.
(Photoshop have support for 3dconnection, but in Paintstorm scaling works much better even without support)

Best Regards
WojCiech Bem

p.s. my fanpage on facebook
https://www.facebook.com/VanDeiMin/?ref ... page_panel
support
Site Admin

Re: 3dConnection Space Mouse Support

Post by support » Sat Sep 30, 2017 9:40 am

Can't you bind "space" to one of this mouse buttons? Just hold it and pan by a pen. But if you want to pan with 3dConnection you must bind space+click if it's possible.
VanDeiMin

Re: 3dConnection Space Mouse Support

Post by VanDeiMin » Sat Sep 30, 2017 3:34 pm

Hi Paintstorm Team

Thank You for answer

Of course i binded "space" to one of the 3dconnection, SpaceMouse's buttons. And it's work great. Especially combined with zooming with SpaceMouse, which is so smooth in PaintStormStudio (Even in Photoshop which supports 3dConnetion, zoming isn't that smooth like in PaintStorm). But it's not the case. 3DConnection have manipulator which is not supported by Paintstorm. With Spacemouse it would be possible to navigate canvas even without touching "space" button (or binded key on SpaceMouse). eg. Pan, Zoom (already exists by default) and Canvas Rotation could be executed by 3dConnection manipulator.

Best Regards
Wojciech Bem

p.s. I binded "ctrl"+"alt" shortcut to one of 3dConnection buttons. Changing size of the brush inside PaintStorm always was sooo fluid. Now with binded key in SpaceMouse it's even more intuitive. Almost poetry :-)