Work timer and brush size

youghurt
Work timer and brush size

Post by youghurt » Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:50 am

Hello Paintstorm team!
I was wondering if you are working on increasing the maximum brush sizes ( I saw that you are planning to make it possible to work with extra big canvases, but you can't work with those if you don't have big brushes as well!).
This is currently the thing I'm missing the most, to be able to increase my brush size well over 1000pt.
Another thing is timer (apparently Krita has that)
That would count the hours spent on each file.
Anyways, keep up the good work and thanks for the amazing software
youghurt

Re: Work timer and brush size

Post by youghurt » Tue Oct 31, 2017 12:10 pm

Bumping, because i would really like an answer at least whether or not is it planned to increase the maximum brush size
support
Site Admin

Post by support » Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:43 am

Yes, we plan it, but I think it would work well only with high-end graphics cards.
thinknervous

Post by thinknervous » Sun Dec 03, 2017 6:43 am

Yes, we plan it, but I think it would work well only with high-end graphics cards.
In real-time maybe... but if you record the entire painting process as a script, you could paint a small image that's easier to process in real-time, then theoretically enlarge the canvas to any size, start the script, go do something else, and come back with a version that could be printed in very large sizes. Unless there's something I don't understand about the way this kind of thing works. This is what I'd like to be able to do anyway.

This could potentially be a complete game-changer for digital art in general, honestly. It would combine the magnification power of vector graphics with the complexity and naturalism of raster graphics. It would be like rendering low-poly characters on an old game console vs. ray-tracing an animated film.