Stabiliser improvment

VanDeiMin
Stabiliser improvment

Post by VanDeiMin » Sun Nov 12, 2017 12:37 pm

Dear PaintStorm Team
I found another issue in Your amazing software. I think stabilisation doesn't work well. My fisrt impression was it is great, but when I worked longer time I realised it is far from perfection. Here I painted simple sketch in Paintstorm and put lines on it. First is made in ClipStudioPaintEx with "BitHusky" brush (stabilisation 6 wich is deafault and very small) and second in PaintStormStudio with "Round Camel Hair" (stabiliser 29 without rope). I can of course use rope feature or make stabiliser about 60 or more, but expressive drawing is imposible for me then. Of course PSS is a painting program but it would be nice if I could draw In PSS without switching to CSPEX ( wchich bring us to another issue : PSS imports layers without alpha- i will wrote another post about this)
Best Regards
Wojciech Bem
Attachments
iuiksysCPSEX.jpg
Lines made in CSPEX
iuiksysCPSEX.jpg (891.77KiB)Viewed 1811 times
iuiksysPaintstorm.jpg
Painted exclusivly in PSS
iuiksysPaintstorm.jpg (546.92KiB)Viewed 1811 times
support
Site Admin

Re: Stabiliser improvment

Post by support » Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:58 am

the stabilizer should be more than 30, this slider power is not linear. 30 - is about 0, set it to 40 at least.
VanDeiMin

Post by VanDeiMin » Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:54 pm

I tried this. Result is still not impressive and speed of drawing is significantly slower. If stabiliser is higher than 60 stabilisation is jagged and lag makes drawing in paintstorm real pain. Ugly stabilisation is more visible if You work with zoom less than 100% (something similiar is in Photoshop. If zoom is 200% or higher lines are almost beautyful, but if zoom is smaller lines are shaky and ugly)
If i could export import layers (using cltr+c, Ctrl+v) with alpha i would simply copy layer to Clip Studio Paint (which allows to copy, paste with alpha) , draw in CSP and return result to Paintstorm quickly. Unfortunately only way to do, is save as Psd which is slow and real pain in the ass.
Best regards
Wojciech Bem
Attachments
iuiksysPaintstorm2.jpg
iuiksysPaintstorm2.jpg (582.51KiB)Viewed 1788 times
VanDeiMin

Post by VanDeiMin » Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:15 pm

And another example Quick Lines made in PSS with Simple Ink Stabilisation with stabilisation 60 and the same test in Clip Studio Paint with G-pen , standard stabilisation 6. Note stange straight lines in PSS (they appearing on the beggining of the stroke).
Attachments
iuiksysPaintstorm_QuickLines_stabil_60.jpg
iuiksysPaintstorm_QuickLines_stabil_60.jpg (809.56KiB)Viewed 1787 times
iuiksysCPSEX_QuickLines.jpg
iuiksysCPSEX_QuickLines.jpg (810.22KiB)Viewed 1787 times