Color wheel improvement

IgorS
Color wheel improvement

Post by IgorS » Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:33 pm

1. When I work from grayscale painting to color is some headache to choose right colors on the wheel. No one painting app have "right" color wheel in therm of Hue and Value correlation. E.g. we know that yellow originaly more bright than red, but they always placed in the same place of value-saturation triangle (in center), so visually create an illustion that 50% value of red hue is the same as 50% of yellow. It is very mess up for those who learn fully on one's own (whithout art school or collage) like me, especially at first years of deepin to digital art.

I would think if it possible to implement the feature that Sinix talk about (see the screenshot) to make color wheel more relevant to real "hue - value" correlation. While slide across hue selectin triangle changes shape to approximately fits to "true" values. I understand that is very raw to real states of thing, and no one color wheel replaces artistic feel and experience, but it will be actually helpful feature.
Color Conundrum How It All Works_2.jpg
Color Conundrum How It All Works_2.jpg (38.02KiB)Viewed 1810 times
Here link to full Sinix video about color https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aD-uI63jR8c

Besides, it would be one+ powerful unique feature in PSS, takes a role when you on a crossroad of choosing between Photoshop, CSP, CorelPainter, Sai, Krita and PSS.

2. And other thing is request for hue-saturation (not value) circle color wheel. Like in Krita (see the screenshot). With ability to fast change between standard mode and circle, or better have them both on the screen.
Krita color wheel.jpg
Krita color wheel.jpg (9.27KiB)Viewed 1810 times
Last edited by IgorS on Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ixie

Re: Color wheel improvement

Post by ixie » Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:18 pm

Another option would be to have a luminosity lock button on the colourwheel, like the Coolorus plugin
support
Site Admin

Re: Color wheel improvement

Post by support » Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:12 pm

nice idea, i've saved it