My Suggested Features

Jessicruel
My Suggested Features

Post by Jessicruel » Thu Dec 07, 2017 3:36 am

If these are planned already, I apologize. Im loving Paintstorm thus far and its more than worth the purchase. Instead of clogging up the forums with multiple suggestions, here's a compilation.

- An up to date TO-DO list so we know whats being developed. I dont think its update to date? I could be wrong.

- A Paintstorm Uservoice: https://www.uservoice.com/
Its a nifty system. Instead of us having to post forum posts, we could collectively read and vote on suggestions on uservoice. It worked out well for algorithmic. Basically someone suggests something, then users can vote on it to give an idea of what the users would like.

- A Paintstorm Patreon purely for us users wanting to donate more to help further fund Paintstorm. No pressure on rewards. It could always be insight on the next update or special news etc. You could always make it clear its for helping fund development.

- Ability to add recent colors (under color wheel) into a custom panel.

- Hotkey for Zoom-To-100% image size. Fit-To-Screen ignores the image size as its based on screen.

- Ability to hide the RGB sliders under the color wheel.

- Hide Title option for hiding panel titles.

- Lock Panel option to lock panels in place. I cant seem to find this option, maybe a little padlock symbol in its options? Ignore tab doesnt do this.

- Adjustment Layer compatibility with PSDs. Few buddys at work would gladly use Paintstorm if it got this.

- Text Tool, it would be a nice time saver instead of having to go into photoshop. Basic align options would suffice in my opinion.

- Crop invisible pixel space option or even just a basic crop (maybe in the Image menu?)

- Ability to hand JPGs of all compression.

- Simple Timeline for layer animation. Onion skinning would be a nice addition to it along with a Batch Export Frames.

- Layer Thumbnails Cropped option to show whats on them instead of the entire canvas.

- Center / Align to selection for centering objects in your selection.

Thats all I got.
Last edited by Jessicruel on Wed Dec 13, 2017 5:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lordzieta

Re: My Suggested Features

Post by lordzieta » Fri Dec 08, 2017 12:05 pm

make it simple, "copy all what photoshop can do into here" lol

but no offense, I'm kidding, those features are cool , to be honest, so many ppl interest to this software because they're seen some similarity , also maybe better than photoshop, but WITH CHEAP price !
I know it must be harder due as I know paintstorm was made by single person (at least not a huge studio like adobe tho)

but trust me, if you can do that , even if you raise it price, people will migrate to your software :)
Jessicruel

Post by Jessicruel » Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:16 am

lordzieta wrote:make it simple, "copy all what photoshop can do into here" lol

but no offense, I'm kidding, those features are cool , to be honest, so many ppl interest to this software because they're seen some similarity , also maybe better than photoshop, but WITH CHEAP price !
I know it must be harder due as I know paintstorm was made by single person (at least not a huge studio like adobe tho)

but trust me, if you can do that , even if you raise it price, people will migrate to your software :)
HAHAH not even gonna deny it. CSP actually does a lot more of what photoshop does than paintstorm but I cant stand its UI. Honestly I just want adjustment layers and animation tools the most really. The potential Paintstorm has is nuts.
lordzieta

Post by lordzieta » Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:07 pm

Jessicruel wrote:
lordzieta wrote:make it simple, "copy all what photoshop can do into here" lol

HAHAH not even gonna deny it. CSP actually does a lot more of what photoshop does than paintstorm but I cant stand its UI. Honestly I just want adjustment layers and animation tools the most really. The potential Paintstorm has is nuts.
Yup, I think so for CSP , that's why I wont use it lol
I think PSS currently has enough power for the features, but it still need more enhancement for the performance and UX , also a lil touch for UI may be great!
Chanree

Post by Chanree » Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:18 pm

Well....CSP is one thing and try to go more away from photoshop system. even if it has better pen pressure and so...but Paintstorm has not just only elements from photoshop, you are forgetting sai and even corel painter. so I would say that CSP is pretty much an alone program who do aid for people to make comics with some mini features from photoshop.

I know this was random but please understand. The guy behind this project work well on this program and do listen. It's an artist as well. However I do understand that we all artists are picky and want 'everything' but...that cannot work since some coding cannot fit together or it can become a trouble.

I may defend the guy behind paintstorm studio, because like the guy who made Sai, they both are alone to make a painting program for all to enjoy. But however, you must remember..corel painter, photoshop and sai are updating. Same with CSP who is going away the 'path' and make it's own coding. Medibang for example is following CSP too.

I am an old photoshop and still a fan of the system. Same with krita, sai, corel painter, CSP and so..but when I started to use paintstorm studio...I knew that the guy behind this program feel the same. We want a program where we can add in features from other programs which we artists like. But please, calm down and wait till it comes. It may take time but I still give the guy credits to work on this.

\o/
support
Site Admin

Post by support » Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:34 pm

Jessicruel wrote: - Hotkey for Zoom-To-100% image size. Fit-To-Screen ignores the image size as its based on screen.
Press "End" key
Jessicruel wrote: - Ability to hide the RGB sliders under the color wheel.
Click on RGB button to show/hide
Jessicruel wrote: - Lock Panel option to lock panels in place. I cant seem to find this option, maybe a little padlock symbol in its options? Ignore tab doesnt do this.
Click at the little locker icon at the top right corner of the main window - it lock all UI elements
Jessicruel wrote: - Layer Thumbnails Cropped option to show whats on them instead of the entire canvas.
You can setup it in the layer panel options (cogwheel at the top right corner) ->Thumbnails with layer bounds
Jessicruel wrote: - Center / Align to selection for centering objects in your selection.
what is it? show any example
gregg2g

Post by gregg2g » Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:25 pm

For the Mac OS, I would like the ability to be able to use the Apple Color Picker. It makes it a lot nicer, because I already have tons of swatches, and it adds the ability to jump between programs using the same color etc.
iMac OS High Sierra 10.13.3 16 GB Ram Intuos 5 PTH-650 Tablet Paintstorm Ver 2.21