So, I just transfered from photoshop - I hope you like feedback :)

PyongyangPrincess
So, I just transfered from photoshop - I hope you like feedback :)

Post by PyongyangPrincess » Wed Dec 27, 2017 2:19 pm

Hello!
I got me Paintstorm recently, so far I'm loving the app, the performance and brushes are great, it has amazing potential!
I think I could send you some of my thoughts of some features that might be nice enough to be added in distant future. If you are working on some of these - awesome, if you don't think some are not that worth to work on - that's okay aswell, especially given that I really like the core of the software my post will be pretty nitpicky. Oslo, if some of these are already in app I'm sorry and will gladly accept any guidance, especially since pretty much everything will be in workspace/docking topic, maybe I'm just too newb :)

1. Locking sizes of panels(rather than panels alongside the ability to summon new windows) and allowing user to resize undocked panels
I am aware that usually setting up workspace is one-time deal, but I like to work with undocked tools which I turn on and off whenever I feel the need to do so(mixer, color library, reference to name the few). But once I missclick and click the docked panel, when I resummon it I must resize everything on the panel because tool has default size and everything has been resized because of that. And ability to resize windows is self explainatory I belive.

2. Multi-screen support
Pretty weird feature considering most people(including myself) work on tablets, I know. But having reference or navigator (or any tools that I dont use often enough to not have them on mouse) visible, yet not on main workspace would help a ton. This is related to docking and locking from point 1 in a way I belive. As of now I use PureRef for reference and my amazing scouting skills for navigation, but this option would spare some space on my HDD and memory.

3. Hotkey searchbar
IMHO best QoL thing about Krita - really fastens setting up workspace.

4. Being able to dock Panels Toggle and Tools in the top bar (where you can dock the Tool options) or being able to dock Tool options on the side

5. Tool tabs
Just like in photoshop(inb4 u just want a clone - no, I actually belive PS is superior to Photoshop already) - being able to dock per example swatches and mixer on the same place and swap between the two when needed would be nice. Also with that closing group of tools would be nice - where I don't need brushes but I still want access to colors and layers and other way around so I don't want to tab, set panels to ignore tab or hotkey everything.

5. Being able to add custom colors to swatches and creating custom swatches(add button just like in color/brushes library)

6. Being able to share workspace layouts in similar fashion to brush sets
I've seen such feature in foobar (aka best quality most customizable music player ever) and it's more helpful than it may sound. I'm talking about ability to export workspace to file and import it on other device.
support
Site Admin

Re: So, I just transfered from photoshop - I hope you like feedback :)

Post by support » Fri Dec 29, 2017 2:18 pm

5. Being able to add custom colors to swatches and creating custom swatches(add button just like in color/brushes library)
Use "color library" panel - it's an improved swatches panel. You can switch it to the same view.
6. Being able to share workspace layouts in similar fashion to brush sets
I've seen such feature in foobar (aka best quality most customizable music player ever) and it's more helpful than it may sound. I'm talking about ability to export workspace to file and import it on other device.
Menu-Other-Save Custom UI
Example: http://www.paintstormstudio.com/forum/v ... f=8&t=3921