ETA on Touch/Gestures for Windows Devices?

SilverSurfer1221
ETA on Touch/Gestures for Windows Devices?

Post by SilverSurfer1221 » Mon Jan 08, 2018 4:57 pm

Hello.

I really love the way brushes work in Paintstorm Studio and really want to create my art there. However, there is one thing that is keeping me from doing that ... lack of touch features on Window's devices. I am currently using a Dell Canvas (similar to the Wacom 27" touch version) and all my drawing/painting software allows me to at least zoom, pan, and rotate the canvas via touch. That is, except Paintstorm. I saw in your To Do list that adding many touch and gesture features is in the plans. So, if you don't mind me asking, do you have any sort of estimate on when we can hope to see this?

Thanks again for this wonderful program. It is a joy to paint in.
tayete

Re: ETA on Touch/Gestures for Windows Devices?

Post by tayete » Sun Dec 16, 2018 2:41 pm

I am in the same boat. I love PaintStorm brushes, but not being able to work with my Wacom Cintiq properly (no rotating, no pan, no gestures) stops me from using it for a long time.
Gordon

Post by Gordon » Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:17 am

Same here
JulianK

Post by JulianK » Mon Jan 28, 2019 7:16 pm

Same here. I'm new to PaintStorm and love it, but there are a few odd places in which it ignores well established industry standards for no good reason. Now, the classic touch zoom, rotate and pan is one of the newer standards, but it is the one that makes working digital feel so much more organic and smoother. Not having to press any keys and being able to move your canvas around with your fingers would be a perfect match with Paintstorm's exceptionally natural feeling brushes.

There aren't many issues that keep PaintStorm from being the most perfect drawing/painting app, but the lack of proper touch navigation and palm/finger rejection, is one of them for me.
eldarc

Post by eldarc » Sat Apr 27, 2019 12:45 pm

+1 for this.

Sure i could be hitting a hotkey every time I need to rotate or move the canvas, but honestly I'd really rather not. Once you experience multi-touch done right, it's hard to go back.

Also, we need a way to disable finger painting.