Image resize adjust correctly

SSBrosM
Image resize adjust correctly

Post by SSBrosM » Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:59 am

This may just be me, and maybe I'm using this wrong (if so, please move this topic to issues)! but When I am using Paintstorm Studio for Mac, when I adjust an image, say I want it to go from 1,000 width to 800 pixels width, unlike in other paint programs where it will then show the corrected image, Paintstorm instead keeps the image at what it was originally, only you can tell it was changed, the canvas size just didn't change with it. Then I have to try to guess at what it would actually look like and zoom in or out appropriately and sometimes I just can't get it.

So like in gimp, I make something that's 700 x 700 pixels to 300 x 300 pixels, it automatically changes it to be the correct size. But if I do that in Paintstorm Studio, it doesn't resize it.

I have images attatched that should hopefully be able to show you what it's doing, these are pics of my cat and not of any drawings, but it's just to demonstrate what they are doing.

WARNING: THESE ARE VERY LARGE! I apologize for their size, but it's just to show what it's doing!

The first set is the comparison of how gimp changes it in two different windows.
gimpscalejpg.jpg
gimp comparison
gimpscalejpg.jpg (351.88KiB)Viewed 3230 times
Then the next two pics are both paintstorm studio, but one is the original, and one is the one that was changed to a 200 pixel height and yet the canvas size was not changed.
originalps.jpg
Original Paintstorm
originalps.jpg (449.51KiB)Viewed 3230 times
at200pxresizedps.jpg
resized paintstorm image
at200pxresizedps.jpg (240.96KiB)Viewed 3230 times
The photo after that is when I tried to use canvas resize, which of course, does not adjust the image.
canvasresizeps.jpg
canvas resize paintstorm
canvasresizeps.jpg (106.31KiB)Viewed 3230 times
If I am using this incorrectly please tell me, but if not, I would love for adjusting to the correct size when the image is resized to be added to Paintstrom Studio for mac!
Gustavo Muñoz

Re: Image resize adjust correctly

Post by Gustavo Muñoz » Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:17 am

I guess your issue is because PSS automatically fits the screen with your image after rescaling it. You can use the end key to get the normal (1:1) size on your screen.
SSBrosM

Post by SSBrosM » Sun Jan 14, 2018 4:45 pm

Ah that works! Thanks so much! Luckily I'm using a microsoft keyboard for my computer, but you have to use command down and up for end key on macs.

I really shouldn't be missing this much and I though I looked over everything. Thanks again so much!
SilverSurfer1221

Post by SilverSurfer1221 » Mon Jan 15, 2018 2:45 pm

Besides using the appropriate keyboard shortcut to adjust the size on screen, you can use the slider on your Navigator, too.
StevenBlack

Post by StevenBlack » Wed Mar 28, 2018 10:48 pm

Hello,

I would suggest to use PhotoViewerPro, Its user friendly and very effective.

Regards,
Steven Black
Rodger Saas

Post by Rodger Saas » Sat Apr 14, 2018 4:34 am

I highly suggest PhotoViewerPro as the best photo editing software. It makes editing a lot easier--you can crop and resize the photo. And it gives you a wide array of tools to make your photos eye-catchy and more enhanced. It is definitely a two thumbs up!