Declutter and simplify UI for Ipad Pro 9.7

Marina
Declutter and simplify UI for Ipad Pro 9.7

Post by Marina » Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:22 am

I'm in love with this app! I love the painterly feeling, and despite being a Photoshop user I didn't hesitate to get a license for my Pc and also for my Ipad Pro.

In fact, I planned to use this more on my Ipad for still lifes and plein air painting, but after months sometimes I keep going back to Procreate, despite I like it way less for color, just because I cannot manage the amount of stuff on the UI. I bought the small 9.7 ipad instead of the big one because it fitted more my intentions to use it as an all rounder tablet and to be able to carry it with me everywhere. But for this program the UI becomes too challeging, despite having it resized to a tiny tiny font size, there is too many things in the middle of the canvas.

Also the fixed round buttons on the corner are to big and eat up more than 1/6 of the screen.

I'm not sure how that can be fixed, but maybe it's worth thinking about an optional simplified UI that you can turn on and off, with a color picker, a layer button and brushes button, keeping the top menu bar as it is (it already has the option to hide and show it) and the redo/undo/symmetry/perspective/rulers menu at the top as it is too.

I heard more people talking about this, so I hope this helps us to be more comfortable using the app, and the app to get more users.