Feedback 2.0

Arkadius
Feedback 2.0

Post by Arkadius » Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:53 am

I've been using Paintstorm off and on the past two years and since version 2.0 I've become addicted, its a great program and the GPU brush engine makes working in crazy sizes easy!

I have some suggestions/Questions

-I would really like a papers texture similar to Corel Painter. While I do like that each brush has its own texture I feel having a texture at a global level could be useful and mimics real media a little more.

-I've was trying to use Paintstorm in Production, we sometimes paint diffuse textures for our 3d models in Corel Painter and use 3dcoat as a bridge between programs. When I send a PSD to Paintstorm it opens another duplicate of Paintstorm instead updating my currently open application of Paint Storm. In Clip Studio It won't update when I send a PSD. to the app, but it won't open another copy of Clip Studio.

-Random natural color variability within painting. I know there are some features to give that random color sense, but it feels artificial and its not very intuitive to set up. It is very subtle, but I feel one of Corel Painters strongest features was the ability to make things feel natural through the subtle randomness... It was so subtle that I argued with Co-workers that it didn't do anything.. I realized I was wrong when we sampled pixels in Photoshop...

-I would like more control over how the brushes behave. It seems like on every stroke Paint Storm is applying some kinda of blur and while its cool, I sometimes would like to control how strong it is or if I want it at all.
I tried recreating a brush we heavily use in Corel Painter and Clipstudio, but I'm unable to get the same behavior in PaintStorm. Heres an image to kinda show the effect. It keeps bluring oddly... I'd be willing to share the brush in private if that would help demo the behavior I'm looking for.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2fhxh82rdxrtx ... k.jpg?dl=0

-Warping takes into account that I've flipped the canvas. Currently If I have my Canvas flipped and I attempted to warp the image it reverts back to the un-flipped state when warping and once I exit the warping window the image is flipped back...

This is all I have so far, some it maybe user error... so if it is please correct me!

My latest work in PStorm.
https://www.artstation.com/artwork/DqlL9

Thank you and I hope some of this is helpful!