Some things I miss very much and a bug or two

MNKYshield
Some things I miss very much and a bug or two

Post by MNKYshield » Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:15 pm

Hi,
First of all thanks a lot for providing a great app to paint on Linux so I dont have to stick to Adobe. I have been using PSS for some concept design work and found a few things missing badly and some bugs

FEATURES
Option to export image - jpg(with compression dialog) png(with dialogfor transparency) tiff(with dialog to choose options)
Save as option works though it doesnt keep the file current, if I save as jpg then I am working in the jpg file now and need
to remember to save as the original file before exit. This is how save as should work but an export option for quickly saving
a version is sorely missing.
Isolate layer - when work with to many layers very useful
Toggle mask - so important to quickly check the mask
Nested layer groups - groups within groups for file management
Free transform snap to axes - very necessary
Free transform move with arrow keys speed up with SHIFT keys - like in PS
Free transform Snap to grid - this is so missing
Transform selection only - this is so badly missing
Free transform Move pivot - this is so badly missing
Levels adjustment - this is just me missing it :)

BUGS
- Two transparent layers dont merge properly unless I make an empty layer beneath them and merge all three, works for now, just annoying
- Hold SHIFT after touching the canvas and then drawing gives me straight lines in two axes with pressure but is finicky and not really useful,
please add pressure to straight lines
animk

Re: Some things I miss very much and a bug or two

Post by animk » Sun Mar 21, 2021 10:29 am

For isolate layer--a trick to work around, but not perfect. Make a layer fill it with solid white, move it around to whatever layer that needs isolation. Hide it when you don't need it. Still not a pure isolation but I don't need to turn on/off layers underneath one by one.