Brushes Palette needs a COMPLETE REWRITE

dni
Re: Brushes Palette needs a COMPLETE REWRITE

Post by dni » Tue Aug 21, 2018 2:12 am

asdfpaint, i fully agree.

i need to find my brushes quickly. i have most of my favs on shortcuts, but i do use a lot of brushes sometime. especially nature
finding a brush right now is a kind of nightmare.

i love PS categories, drag n drop to folders etc etc

indeed something to look at when time allows
Fury

Post by Fury » Mon Sep 03, 2018 2:31 am

The brushes palette doesn't bother me too terribly much, but I sincerely do miss the ability to drag and drop my preferred brushes into an easier to access panel, a la Painter. As it is, I do have my own category set up with my tweaked brushes in it, but it's simply not easy to get to, and it disrupts the flow (not to mention the method of getting the category filled is just... not really that intuitive, and it takes a while to get things set up before you can even begin painting).
IgorS

Post by IgorS » Mon Sep 03, 2018 12:32 pm

Fury wrote:The brushes palette doesn't bother me too terribly much, but I sincerely do miss the ability to drag and drop my preferred brushes into an easier to access panel, a la Painter.
Actually, there are 3 custom panels. You can drag'n'drop any tools including brushes into them.
Fury

Post by Fury » Mon Sep 03, 2018 3:38 pm

.... Please tell me where to find these, because that is a game changer!
IgorS

Post by IgorS » Mon Sep 03, 2018 8:32 pm

Fury wrote:.... Please tell me where to find these, because that is a game changer!
menu>view>custom (1,2,3), than click to spanner icon in the panel to enter into "changing" mode, after drag'n'dropping brushes click to icon again.
dni

Post by dni » Thu Sep 27, 2018 6:40 pm

custom panels helps A LOT. thanx!

although they are limited to 50. i needed 56 :lol: :lol:
fuyanjie

Post by fuyanjie » Wed Sep 11, 2019 2:39 am

I tried Paintstorm software 2 days ago, and really like it.

So I went directly and bought 2 licenses, one for my workstation and the other for my laptop.

Paintstorm seems to have much nicer feel as far as "paint" goes. I love that you have the option to pick up under layers, even while painting with a new brush (blending while painting new strokes). And I like that blending with something like the palette knife seems to have a realistic paint movement/ texture to it without making everything blended/blurry.

I've got a XP-Pen Deco Pro Drawing Pad and after configuring the pressure curve correctly, it does the job!
mholiver

Post by mholiver » Fri Sep 13, 2019 2:28 pm

I use PS and Procreate on the iPad Pro and I recently started using Paintstorm. I LOVE this product, primarily because the brushes can paint with a gradient and because the eyedropper can sample a swatch of pixels, giving me a brush with multiple colors. I am trying to emulate traditional painting techniques, which is next to impossible with the other programs. This is a GREAT program!