Suggestion Abilty to set hotkey to load default brush

rattsang
Suggestion Abilty to set hotkey to load default brush

Post by rattsang » Fri Oct 26, 2018 9:04 am

can we please have either a load default brush button on the tool bar or the ability to set a hotkey for it.
thanks
support
Site Admin

Re: Suggestion Abilty to set hotkey to load default brush

Post by support » Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:08 pm

I don't think that it's so often used function
PatrickF

Post by PatrickF » Mon Nov 19, 2018 5:30 pm

I would like this feature too :P
A possibility to modify one of your main tools then quickly reload the default (of my own) setting could be great.
Example : I have my main brush with square nib, then I change the brush to a textured nib and change few settings for a very occasional case. As it's very specific, I don't create a new brush. I would reload this brush with a button or shortcut to my initial square brush.

This feature exist on corel painter and it's very useful. It allows the user to set the default status (settings, color, size) and reload it with a button or shortcut.
Please check it here: http://product.corel.com/help/Painter/5 ... ingle=true
You can also restore a default brush variant by clicking the Reset Tool button Image on the property bar
Portfolio: patrick-fontaine.com
Twitter: @hello_patrickF
Griffin12

Post by Griffin12 » Sat Dec 15, 2018 6:49 am

Thanks for the link.PatrickF
ixie

Post by ixie » Sat Jan 19, 2019 1:45 pm

I would like this too, I often change brush settings and the way it is currently it's easy to click on Save as default brush by mistake
max08

Post by max08 » Fri Mar 22, 2019 7:11 am

Having multiple states of memory for a single brush may be useful.
Copying the same brush multiple times can be quite obnoxious.
Slight variants could be mappable as slots, e.g. pressing 1-5 or any mapping desired for those slots.

Instead of reverting, there could be write-once/over slots that can be switched between with write locks appliable to the slots.
It'd be more like switching between several instances of the same brush/pencil like most do in traditional art.

I'd use it like when you have a dirty instance of the brush for example, having another for another area of the painting. If you're used to traditional oils and such you might know about the concept of contamination. Cleaning the brush just to go to another area when you need it dirty again doesn't seem entirely sensical nor does making multiple cluttering copies of that brush, you end up losing colour dynamics as well.
Though I also see multiple other uses of sub-brushes, like breakup/damaged variants. May be in the future PSS can have emulation of a pencil wearing down and then slots allows you to go grab another sharp pencil instance while allowing you to keep the worn down version. Otherwise you'd have to manually dirty the brush/pencil before it's consistent with the canvas/area again. It's make it a lot more organic and intuitive that way only with the ease of shortcuts instead of having to grab real brushes, etc. It'll be more like a traditional workflow.
support
Site Admin

Post by support » Fri May 24, 2019 12:45 pm

max08 wrote: May be in the future PSS can have emulation of a pencil wearing down and then slots allows you to go grab another sharp pencil instance while allowing you to keep the worn down version.
:D Sounds like "enable wind from window to chance of blow away your paper"
Maybe better create several presets of one pencil in a special category. Also, you can use random for strokes to get a different style of strokes in one brush
The CG Cy

Post by The CG Cy » Sun Apr 12, 2020 9:55 am

I do also would like to have a key to reset brushes to default, that would be really helpful on painting workflow, Since I also often tweak the brush often but not differ enough to create a unique brush for it.
Last edited by The CG Cy on Tue May 12, 2020 9:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
support
Site Admin

Post by support » Tue Apr 28, 2020 1:24 pm

common guys... 2 clicks (current) vs 1 click (suggested)
chamis

Post by chamis » Thu Apr 30, 2020 12:53 pm

it's already possible in one click : drag and drop the load default brush button on a custom panel.