Some issue on iPad (some probably in general)

canvasinspace
Some issue on iPad (some probably in general)

Post by canvasinspace » Mon Jan 28, 2019 5:57 pm

Hello,

after using PSS on the iPad for some time, below are some issues I found.

Bear with me that I did _not_ check all other posts if some if this has been mentioned before.

Also let me say that so far I am very much enjoying the very lifelike oil feeling I am getting with a brush I have configured.

1) The function "Image-Image resize" doesn't work. Although the "dimensions linked" icon is selected, the result is stretched.

2) The handling of the reference window is clumsy:

a) It seems to be limited to a very small size. I would rather be able to adjust the size to my likings.

b) Zooming and rotating should be possible in the reference windows with two-finger gestures, like in the main window.

3) I am getting random memory warnings. The other apps I am using (Clip Studio Paint, Artstudio Pro) have no issues handling large canvas sized with high resolution, so I am assuming, it is not a limitation of the iPad's 4GB of RAM.

4) "Save as" is not allowing me to specify a new file name.

5) Moving the buttons with two fingers directly next to each other is very unintuitive and often doesn't work.
My suggestion for easier configuration of the UI would be to have a mode for that, which can be switched on and off. If that mode would be active, all elements could just be dragged around with one finger.

6) Menu resizing: If a menu is snapped to the right edge of the screen, the origin of that menu should be that edge and in normal and minimized size, it should have it's right edge stay on the right edge of the screen.

7) Even if no change was made, PSS asks if I want to save a drawing when I try to close it. If I click on cancel during that process, it still closes the file.

Thanks,
CiS
Danielkenobi

Re: Some issue on iPad (some probably in general)

Post by Danielkenobi » Sat Feb 23, 2019 3:28 pm

I found point 4 specially annoying. It would be great to see some integration with one drive since I imagine this could be an IPad file system problem. So I could go easily between my desktop and IPad