Reference points & Instances

Florian G.
Reference points & Instances

Post by Florian G. » Wed Feb 20, 2019 9:41 pm

Hi.
I had an idea:
Some 3D applications use a feature called "instances" which are basically real-time copies of an object. – Which means if you change the original (reference) object, all instances will immediately change as well.

So the idea is a freely placeable reference point (green) with its' own freely rotatable axis; then add as many instances (orange dots) as needed (also freely/independently placeable and rotatable.)
Functionality: Every stroke you draw relative to the reference point (green) and its' axis will be copied and drawn relatively to all the instance points and their axes.

For a better understanding of the functionality and possible applicability I added a demonstration below:
Attachments
instances feature demo16.gif
instances feature demo16.gif (868.07KiB)Viewed 4542 times
PatrickF

Re: Reference points & Instances

Post by PatrickF » Sat Mar 02, 2019 9:14 am

Wow that could be a great feature! :o
added to the perspective tool it would be amazing.
Portfolio: patrick-fontaine.com
Twitter: @hello_patrickF
max08

Post by max08 » Fri Mar 22, 2019 6:53 am

+1 on this, working along the perspective and arcs with this would also be useful.
support
Site Admin

Post by support » Fri Mar 29, 2019 3:18 pm

You can make it by kaleidoscope tool with "repeater" Or you can make it with a seamless texture. Not straight as on the video, but you can :)
Globally we planning to realize some repeater by the vector spline with scale and etc in the ideal. We've thought about it. But I can't to promise it 100%