Zoom and Pan for the mixer

rattsang
Zoom and Pan for the mixer

Post by rattsang » Tue Jan 21, 2020 7:35 pm

i would like to have the ability to zoom and pan the mixer and also to be able to choose its dimensions, so i can keep all the swatches i mix for a painting together.

currently i cant see a way to stop the mixer from mixing with the background color.even if i use blend transparency on my brush, when i color pick my colors contain some background mixed in. could having the mixing area as a layer over the background and the color picker for the mixer set to "pick from current layer" solve this?

thanks
rattsang

Re: Zoom and Pan for the mixer

Post by rattsang » Sat Feb 08, 2020 1:12 pm

rattsang wrote:
Tue Jan 21, 2020 7:35 pm
currently i cant see a way to stop the mixer from mixing with the background color.even if i use blend transparency on my brush, when i color pick my colors contain some background mixed in. could having the mixing area as a layer over the background and the color picker for the mixer set to "pick from current layer" solve this?
after testing this further, i think the best option atm is to turn off take underlayers color and blend transp. doing this means you never pick up the background color which is great. however i still have a problem, trying to blend in areas where there is no color results in the brush laying down the selected color even if the color parameter is set to zero.