Few (important) suggestions!

MaiandraGD
Few (important) suggestions!

Post by MaiandraGD » Wed Jan 27, 2021 2:39 pm

I'm a long time Paintstorm user, I have some feedback to make it even better:

- Grids: add a simple 2D grid and another Isometric one, both with customizable spacing and divisions, with option to snap to grid

- Erase while holding a hotkey: I know you can activate a toggle, that's great, but I'd want to have this feature since I discovered it in Affinity Photo, where you cand hold CTRL to erase and relase to continue painting.

- Merge the "free selection" and "polygonal selection" tool: as it works in GIMP or Affinity Photo, where you can tap points to make a rect selection line and hold down for free selection. This will improve the workflow A LOT. I feel like Paintstorm is all about workflow for me.

- Add hotkey for close selection (so I can replace Intro key)

- Not so important: snap to grid in Custom panel for arraging the interface better

- Fix: when you hide the top context toolbar, the empty space left cannot be used.

- Add option to pan while holding middle mouse button

- Vector primitives: add vector shapes tool (rectangle, elipse and triangle at least), with editable nodes.

- Hide the little tab buttons (options/hide/close buttons) from every panel when you activate the "lock UI" top button

- Little wish: in a future, consider to add the brushes and color engine of Realistic Paint, I love them so much... but I'm used to work fast and simple, and that's only with the Paintstorm workflow.

- Idea: add a function to continue from last stroke. I don't know how this would be done, but you could assign a hotkey to snap the cursor to the last pixel you released your last stroke, so you can continue it without much effort. Just an idea, I've never seen this in an app before.

Thank you! And forgive if any mistakes with my engrish!
Wawa

Re: Few (important) suggestions!

Post by Wawa » Fri Jan 29, 2021 11:35 am

Hi,

In fact you CAN erase while holding your "eraser tool" hotkey (you can bind it to CTRL if you want) and then release it to continue with your last tool. You can do that with all the tool i think (zoom, pan, fill, etc) (However, it doesn't work with the "eraser toggle" hotkey, wich will cycle between on and off if you hold it).