"TO DO" list Features

Joel Stewart
Re: "TO DO" list Features

Post by Joel Stewart » Sun Apr 10, 2016 7:19 am

Do your planned seamless texture tools include some kind of whole document canvas texture option that could use tiles? As someone else has suggested, this might be really useful -particularly on the iPad where memory seems to be a problem for crashes.

On large files (say 5787 x 3543 -a double page spread in a picture book), in all kinds of software, I regularly use 3 texture layers -2 set to soft light and one to screen over the whole image, it's the only way to get the effects I want - I can sometimes merge the two soft-light ones, but the screened layer has to remain separate. If I set up a document like this in Paintstorm I regularly get crashes during autosave and while doing other things. Being able to tile textures could help with this?

Btw I can use a document this size in ProCreate without any crashes -although it does slow down. I do realise your brush engine etc. is much more powerful.
aboutle

Post by aboutle » Mon Apr 11, 2016 7:51 am

I understand that text feature is not a priority for you. But you may reconsider your position to make paintstorm on iOS a real tool for comics maker-mangaka-bébédistes; we need a tool for implementing dialogs in our pages. As is, I'm stuck with Photoshop on my laptop.
Russell LeCroy

Post by Russell LeCroy » Tue May 24, 2016 4:05 am

I'm loving this program so much, it feels better than my current go to (photoshop) I'm pretty sure I work faster in this and it's just more fun. There is one major thing that might keep this from becoming my main painting program and that's not being able to work in CMYK color spectrum. Any chance we might see this feature added in the future?
Amenakay

Post by Amenakay » Tue May 31, 2016 11:42 pm

Totally awesome app, just downloaded and been play with all day! Though for me to replace other similar apps I need vector and vector export options' like a auto vectorize similar to adobe illustrator, and save as .pdf or .png file. Also, a liquifty option like in Photoshop to if proportion in sketch drawings. Another would be to know how I am saving my files? As .jpeg, .png...? Any text options would be great too! I use photoshop's text to follow image feature a bunch.

I love the idea of the app Auryn Ink use of watercolor, though it does not work will. If you could make a watercolor feature that I could add water, dip, dry, and have effects like alcohol and salt, I would be speechless! Or to have manga halftone brushes like the sketchbook app!

Thanks for reading, I look forward to using this app full time.
Amenakay

Post by Amenakay » Wed Jun 01, 2016 12:57 am

Forgot to mention a time-lapse or record feature to share artwork progress on YouTube or Intagram like in procreate or sketchbook pro apps would be great to not only show off what you could do with your app, but also to show off current projects in app. :D
Joel Stewart

Post by Joel Stewart » Tue Jun 14, 2016 4:46 pm

You'll find those watercolour and halftone effects are all possible in Paintstorm, you just have to do a lot of experimenting with your own brushes (some of the watercolour effects do get a little laggy). I may put some of mine up for sale at some point, but I'm still working out which I need to keep to myself for my own work.
Swiet

Post by Swiet » Sat Jul 02, 2016 11:44 am

Hi is there feature that allows you to place just a plain square grid and adjust the size of the grid?
okuma_10

Post by okuma_10 » Sat Oct 15, 2016 9:53 pm

the latest upgrade is really cool.Thanks a lot!
Long_haired_artist

Post by Long_haired_artist » Sun Oct 16, 2016 9:33 am

eduardoclark wrote:Hello! I've been trying to replicate a rake tool, similar to engraving, and I was very pleased in finding that this is a future "to-do". I love Paintstorm! My suggestion is to try to replicate the effect of a real rake. When you press harder, you have thicker lines, if you press lighter, the contrary. But the width of the final stroke is the same. It's like to have one simple round brush, replicated with three different parameters: the size of the "dot", the number of "dots" and the distance between the "dots", an then you can alter these individual parameters and vinculate them to pressure, direction, etc... My specific goal is to replicate this kind of work:

Sometimes you alter the angle to the direction of the stroke, sometimes you set it manually, etc. I think there are a great combination of effects with these parameters!

Thank you for your awesome work!

Eduardo
Hi Eduardo,
I simulated a rake brush. Hope this helps for now.
1. Set basic brush with circle custom form, and with ruler guide, draw any number of dots in a row, with squeeze applied to make a row of tall oval dots.
2. Capture the squeezed dots as a form.
3. Create new brush, using the new custom form with squeezed dots, and name it Rake Brush.
4. Set Feature attribute with modifier such as Tilt, and set Spacing with Fixation applied. This makes a more consistent line. A low Feature setting will help thin the lines, but this is not the method for varying line thickness.
5. I prefer modifying overall size with Tilt, but you may prefer using Pressure.
6. Set Angle 1 to modify with Stroke Direction (Pen Direction work too- but differently)
7. Set Angle 2 to 45 degrees and Squeeze Y to Pressure modifier. This is the method for changing line thickness.
8. Suggested: Apply Stabilizer and fade in on Opacity.
Attachments
IMG_1259.PNG
IMG_1259.PNG (104.84KiB)Viewed 20072 times
support
Site Admin

Post by support » Mon Oct 17, 2016 10:41 am

But really rake can be more flexible, for example some "spikes" can be stabilized but other is noisy, or change distance between other with pen pressure and something more