"TO DO" list Features

mem5000
Re: "TO DO" list Features

Post by mem5000 » Tue Jun 25, 2019 1:55 pm

eldarc wrote:Any idea when Wacom multi-touch functionality for canvas rotation / pan / zoom will be implemented for Windows?

Also, a way to disable finger painting?

Paintstorm has a lot of potential - the speed and the quality of brushes puts Photoshop to shame, I'm just having a hard time working without touch controls.
Also would like to know this. This looks like a great program, but this missing feature is derailing my attempts to really use it.

I'm just too used to rotating and zooming with my fingers. And the finger painting thing is messing things up as well.
MaiandraGD

Post by MaiandraGD » Mon Jul 01, 2019 9:08 pm

I post this here because it seems like no one approve my post, so I copy here as a replay.

First of all I want to thank to the developers, I'm feeling in love with Paintstorm Studio after using Krita for years. I purchased Paintstorm Studio while ago, but never used it so much until last update! Thanks dev team for the great software and support!

I have some suggestions, It would be great if you consider to add them as new features in next updates!

- Hide tab buttons from every panel when you activate the "lock UI" top button (I hate having those tiny close" and "options" buttons everywhere!)
- Add possibility to change the UI theme, I'd want t have a more clean and flat, without those diagonal stripes (kind of reminds me GIMP) and without rounded corners on menus.
- Add custom hotkeys to increase and decrease: color tone, color saturation, color value, opacity (I miss this from Krita)
- Hide everything with TAB button, I mean, everything. Including the taskbar (I'm on Windows). I just want to see the canvas on real full screen
- Add a classic grid option (with customizable hor. and ver. lines) and another one for isometric view

Other not so urgent/important suggestions:
- Add a shape tool, a simple one, that let you create rectangles and elipses at least
- Improve the overall performance if you can, it's a resource eater sometimes :c
- Add option to adjust to the grid when you place items in a Custom Panel
- Add a border line to the color selection picker square to tell apart from the background color
- It would be nice to have, in a future, an easy to use animation panel, just with the basics

That's all by now!
Also I'm working in a (much better) translation to spanish, if someone is interested in.

Thanks and forgive my bad english!
ega

Post by ega » Mon Jan 20, 2020 2:21 am

Is in your plans to add the GRID Option for iPad ??

Thank you for this excellent painting soft !
mamutan

Post by mamutan » Mon Apr 06, 2020 3:07 pm

what i think is really missing and i have to rely on other programs to acomplish 2d grid and by this i men the basic snaping of the straight lines on 180/90 degrees when needed to, the ruller position saving and changing between them slows the workflow, and any form of rullers on the margins like photoshop or even word has with "view rullers" so i can get a sense of where things are in relations to others, the 2 and 3 point perspective is wonderfull but a 1 point perspective would be amazing ( this can solve the first problem i mentioned ) also even beeing able to snap the ruller on a straight angle can do wonders as by now i have no ideea if my line is straight (90)compared with the image or not, if any of these feautures exist and are hidden somewhere please do tell XD as i am kinda new to this soft and may missed them but even on google research i couldnt find help, i think they are easy to implement compared with all the amazing features this program has to offer and would be a great plus and way to clean my pc of other programs ( insert the classic sorry for my english, hope i explained ok) MY BEST BEST BEST FAVORITE ART SOFTWARE TILL NOW ANYWAY.
stickythestick

Post by stickythestick » Tue Jul 28, 2020 3:46 pm

could you see if you could implement some way of resizing images in paintstorm? at the moment they just get inserted and all you can do is move them around and crop them. the problem is that you need to get the correct size of image of what you want to place into paintstorm but you are forced to always guess. and when it is the wrong size you are screwed as the image now has no use at all in the paintstorm which is where you wanted to use the picture.
lordd

Post by lordd » Sat Aug 08, 2020 11:07 pm

Recently updated to 2.45 on PC (W10). Great addition of the warp options using the transform tool.

Would like to request in the future that keyboard input be accepted for prompts like closing a file. It's an annoyance to have to reach for the mouse when your hands are full with a stylus and keyboard.

Thanks again to the devs for your continued support. PSS continues to be my daily driver in personal and professional work.
seallyseals

Post by seallyseals » Sun Nov 29, 2020 2:04 pm

Please, consider to insert a ruler tool that is around the canvas, it would help a lot when measuring margins or cropping the canvas! :)
MNKYshield

Post by MNKYshield » Fri Oct 01, 2021 4:35 am

Hi guys,
It's been a while since previous update, just felt like checking, hope all is going cool...
simon_dominic

Post by simon_dominic » Sun Oct 31, 2021 8:26 pm

Is PSS still being developed? Not heard much this year.
tayete

Post by tayete » Sat Nov 20, 2021 7:35 am

I think Paintstorm has been abandoned. The Roadmap is clearly outdated, much needed features to make it a "serious" app (like pinching and dragging in touch screens like Wacom Cintiq) never saw the light, and no news from a long time, makes me feel like PSS is no longer in active development.